new hi-point owner and range report

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by pghrich, Oct 14, 2015.

1. pghrich

pghrich Member

Hello all, I just got my hi-point 45acp jhp yesterday and shot it today, I took all kinds of my reloads and some factory, swc, flatnose, jhp, round ball, shot about 200 total, i am happy to say that I did not have any ftf, fte, ftf, everytime I pulled the trigger it went bang, all I did was clean the barrel and used a little rem oil. The accuracy improved greatly after I got use to the trigger, my final groups at 15 yards off hand stayed in a nice 3" cluster, I did not need to adjust the sights at all, loading up more for tomorrow, after reading all kinds of reviews I did not know what to expect when I first racked in my first round but after the first trigger squeez all is well with the world, life is good, rich pyle

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Good choice on the JHP45. It is, by far, the best of Hi Point's handguns. I was impressed with mine, too.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome and thanks for posting.
    You've made the right choice with the JHP.
    I couldn't shoot 3 inches at 15 yards if you payed me to do it but that's all me, not the gun lol.
    I've shot it at 100 yards though, two hits on a chest size target out of a mag.

The Joey keychain trigger will improve things, especially if you also lightly polish the moving trigger parts when you install it.

4. dirt_19

dirt_19 Supporting Member

Welcome I'm in the same boat as SWAGA I know the gun is much more accurate than I am would be thrilled If I could do that . Just need more time to practice and and more ammo .

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  5. enjoy the hp forum, more shooting, less singing..:rofl: