Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a new hi point either a 9mm or 45 cant make up my mind but is there any think like grips, holsters, etc. that would be good to get with them

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Get both if you want, you will sooner or later! the C-9 is a bit cheaper to feed and it's a little easier to find 9mm, at least here in IL. it is!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
45's are fricken huge though...LOL
No doubt, my JHP .45 weighs a ton but man it shoots GREAT.

I've also got the Uncle Mikes/Butler Creek slipon grip on my C9 and I love it. I haven't gotton to shoot it yet but the feel of it is soo much better than without it. If you get one make sure you get the Large size. It was tough to get it on but if you spray a little windex on the inside of the rubber grip it slides right on there and the windex will dry out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am getting a new hi point either a 9mm or 45 cant make up my mind but is there any think like grips, holsters, etc. that would be good to get with them
If you are new enough to firearms that you can't decide based on the merits/demerits of the calibers themselves (rather than the accessories), then I'd suggest the 9mm as a beginner's pistol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not all that new to guns i own a few rifles but only one pistol and it is a walter p22 and i want something a little bigger for recreational shooting but i think i am leaning more to 9mm so just for the cheaper ammo. I have shot both 9mm and 45 acp. and about the 40 S.W. i dont know much about the price of ammo and i want a 1911 but i dont got the money for a nice one right now so i thinking if i got bigger then a 9mm that i would go with a 45 so that i like keeping alot of the same calibers it cuts down on the different types of ammo i have to buy

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was at a local gun shop today and the guy who owns the place said that he would sell me a hi point 40 sw for 160 it was marked for i think 180 do you think that is a good deal i havent really looked at hi points that much so i dont know the prices for them so i just making sure

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I was at a local gun shop today and the guy who owns the place said that he would sell me a hi point 40 sw for 160 it was marked for i think 180 do you think that is a good deal i havent really looked at hi points that much so i dont know the prices for them so i just making sure
thats a pretty decent deal man, id go for it.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
The 40 is my favorite, it fits my hand better and is more accurate! to me anyway!and less recoil-I love shooting it !!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get both if you want, you will sooner or later! the C-9 is a bit cheaper to feed and it's a little easier to find 9mm, at least here in IL. it is!!!
Thats what happened to me. I am waiting on the myth carbine the elusive 4595 carbine to be my next purchase

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
$160 for a JCP 40 is a good price. I got the JCP first also. Then numerous others. 995's, C9 another JCP. Getting a JHP 45 since 45ACP is now about the same price as 40 S&W in my area. And found someone who reloads 45 ACP. Waiting on the 4095TS and 4595TS.

Walt

·
Registered
31 Posts
The .40 S&W is a great choice. I have not had any problem with mine.
Th .40 round has more energy (faster) than a .45 & the extra stopping power over 9mm.

·
Registered
264 Posts
So that's where they sent all the 9mm.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.