New High point

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by ohio06, Mar 20, 2016.

1. ohio06

ohio06 Member

Hey all need some advice. Wanting to buy a cheap truck gun and a Hi point comes to mind. I have Glocks, 1911's ect but can't put a "good gun " behind the seat. Any way any advice for long term storage behind the seat ? The model I plan to get is the C9.

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

So put your Glock behind the seat.

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

4. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I use a HI Point for my car/motel gun. I keep a safe that is cabled and bolted to the vehicle. The HI Point rides in the console and if I have to leave the car it goes in the safe. At night it goes on the bedstand. I also carry on my person, but a smaller more compact handgun.

5. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Now that's funny right there!

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:ohio06!!!

C9 (9mm), JCP (40 S&W), JHP (45 ACP) plus the CF 380, but why step down
    to that caliber in a big heavy HP? No good reason. IMO, get the biggest HP
    you can afford AMMO for, and enjoy! THEN Get the Carbine! :eek: :cool: ;)

7. IDMTfirefighter

IDMTfirefighter Member

why would you buy any gun to put in your truck, hi point or otherwise, if it's not a good gun?
    If you want to buy a bad handgun then Hi Points are not for you. Maybe a Jiminez or some late 70's soviet area eastern block used military surplus

8. ohio06

ohio06 Member

No don't miss understand. What I mean by "good" gun is something that is in expensive enough that I don't worry about it being in the truck on a cold rainy night but it is going to be tough and reliable. Hence me choosing a Hi Point.

9. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

I enjoy Hi-Points for accurate target shooting as well as for road trips when a pistol could be stolen or confiscated by corrupt cops (think driving through Chicago). I've got more expensive items, and the H-Ps are just as reliable as their higher-priced counterparts.