New home defense shotgun to tac out...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Batjac, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Batjac

Batjac Member

Well, I've been thinking about getting another shotgun for home defense so that I can tac it out. I didn't want to mess with my nice Remington 870, so I've been thinking about getting something a little cheaper for a dedicated mod. The NEF Pardner Pump has been getting good reviews the last four or five years, so I was thinking about getting one. They run about $175-180 around here on sale. They're a Rem 870 clone, and most accessories for the 870 work fine, so I figured I'd have plenty of options for grips and stocks. NEF doesn't make these in-house, they're made in China by Hawk Industries. Hawk Industries is also selling them under their own name, and G.I.Joes had the Hawk Model 982 18" barrel with ghost ring sights version on sale this week for $129.00. So, I went ahead and picked one up. Here it is:

[​IMG]

2. Ari

Ari Guest

Looks like fun!

3. Langford

Langford Guest

Nice, that shold be a fun project.

I'm very happy with my 870 express...it is a blast to shoot, and I'm sure it will get the job done if ever needed.

[​IMG]

4. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

I was thinking of ordering one but the prices are not as sweet as yours.

let us know how it shoots :D have fun!

5. Batjac

Batjac Member

Which pistol grip is that on the back of your shotgun? It looks like it fits the 870 really well. I was thinking about a pistol grip on the slide, but my hands don't feel comfortable on molded pistol foregrips. Maybe just a plain rounded foregrip.

6. 870 is the best pump shotty for the money in my opinion. Never been a mossy fan, but I'm sure they are fine. My buddy had his 870 completly decked out with all sorts of options. He had the 870 express magnum, a little more versitle then the reg 870s, but really didnt come in handy other then shootin 3.5 slugs for a real kick.

7. Langford

Langford Guest

8. Very nice. A good shotgun is a good friend.

9. hpman

hpman Guest

$129......wow! Where is G.I.Joes?

10. Thats a pretty good price. So most of the parts for an 870 will fit them? Such as the magazine extensions?

11. Good choice, great gun! The mag extensions from a remington will fit, but the lengths will either be too long or too short. It won't line up even with the end of the barrel. However, I will be ordering one from guy on this website named MAX100. He sells them for $65 shipped and they look great.
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=c59aafbf614f48a99c3f794a35a7781a

Here is a pic of my Protector. The shell holder and heat shield are from an 870.
    [​IMG][/url]

12. Batjac

Batjac Member

Sorry, Joe's is a chain the the Western states, based out of Seattle area.