Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did the dirty deed!

Just placed the winning bid on Auction Arms for a NIB 995 w/ a 4x25 scope and all the stuff that goes with a new one!

I am very happy!

My house payment will be late, but what the heck!

Now I own a C9, a 45 , and the 995 .......... Ya hooo!

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Congratulations! Guaranteed....you're gonna love it! Everbody's gotta love a new addition to the family. Let us all know how she performs.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Congrats my friend. I hope you enjoy it. Now make it all tacticool and post some pictures.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to save up to buy some ammo now, the way things are lookin......

I think i'll keep it stock and get a Monte Carlo stock for my Mosin M91/30 ( that's the ticket!).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the 995 today and I think I love it ?
Haven't got to shoot it yet but did call Hi Point because the front site screw didn't fit so couldn't fix it to the gun. Michelle answered the phone when I called and offered to send a whole new front sight (at no cost to me) and in a very kind and gental voice. These guys are great!

Just wish I could find other companys that valued their customers like Hi Point seems to!

Pics to follow soon!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, here we have the new 995 with a 4x30 scope which came with, so I put it on.
More additions to follow but for now I just want to shoot it!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Ok, here we have the new 995 with a 4x30 scope which came with, so I put it on.
More additions to follow but for now I just want to shoot it!

Oh, I love that HP red cap...where can I get one of those?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the HP cap at a local gun shop, they only had the one and I talked em down from 20.00, to 15.00.

Seems they had been trying to "give" it to the employees and everyone passed. I like it!

The store was ZX Guns in Goshen,IN.
Try ZXGUN.COM and aske em where they got it.

JC

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got back from my first range trip with the new 995B.

The range was inside and only 20 yards long , so here is the skinny(I think it did very well w/no adjustments to scope). Shot 150 rnds of WWB and 50 of American eagle, No issues at all !!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the 2nd target at 20 yards as well. Al I did was put a compensator onthe end and grind down the front sight (looks much better!)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took the MN 91/30 too and shot the HP 1st. After shooting the 91/30 , the 995 felt like a bb gun, but they both did very well 1st time out with no mods, and no recoil sores either!
I can't believe the accuracy and minimal recoli from both. The Moisin however stayed very hot after shooting for quite awhile!

I am happier than a pig in s#*t !!!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I took the MN 91/30 too and shot the HP 1st. After shooting the 91/30 , the 995 felt like a bb gun, but they both did very well 1st time out with no mods, and no recoil sores either!
I can't believe the accuracy and minimal recoli from both. The Moisin however stayed very hot after shooting for quite awhile!

I love my91/30 and m44. I cannot comment on the 995 yet because it hasn't arrived. But, I found the recoil of the 91/30 to be ALOT less than my k98 and alot more accurate. the rear tangent sight is top notch and very well thought out. I was able to hold a 6" group at 400m with it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, today I am sporting a nice little bruise from my shooting spree yesterday. I don't think it came from the 995 either.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Just got back from my first range trip with the new 995B.

The range was inside and only 20 yards long , so here is the skinny(I think it did very well w/no adjustments to scope). Shot 150 rnds of WWB and 50 of American eagle, No issues at all !!!!!
Ya did fine, and you're going to love that 995!

I took the MN 91/30 too and shot the HP 1st.
You shot the Mosin at a 20-yard indoor range? And survived all three? (Blast, ricochet, recoil?) :wideeyed2:

Easy to believe. They're wonderful, aren't they?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Might be surprised the 995 and more so 4095 benefit from a recoil pad, also gives you about an inch more stock which is good for some of us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts