Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
$250

That's a pretty good jump just for a new stock. So that amount is reflecting the new popularity, the retooling time, and the increase in materials for denser polymer injecting since it is a skeleton stock they probably had to use more material in the thinner areas so they didn't have to support it with a wire frame inside the polymer.

So the lower 995 number I have seen here was $168. That's an increase of 48%

What did you guys who bought a 4095 in 2009 pay for it and was it new or used.

Just put $XXX NEW in 02/2009.

Once we get an average we can estimate a rough amount for the 4095 and the 4595 based on the price differential between the pistols. Since the carbines increase material roughly in line with the pistols due to caliber we can make a good guestimate.

My 9mm standard was $129 NEW in 09/2008
My .40 standard was $179 NEW in 07/2008

See. so there is a 24% increase in cost between a standard 9mm pistol and a 995 carbine presumably because of more polymer material and heavier shipping weight. That can also be rounded up to 35% dependant on retailers and the sales flex deals that they have with MKS.

So we can assume that a base msrp for the 4095 will start at $250 and we know the 995 is retailing for around that so the 4095 should hit at around $280 to $350 with a reasonable retailer. More likely the $350 range.

We can throw another $90-$120 on the 4595 putting it around $450 most likely.

So we have:

CX4 .45 at $800+
HK USC .45 at $1000+
Olympic arms K45 at $800
Uzi clones .45 at $900-$1500+
Marlin Camp rifle .45 $600+
Vector and other MP5 clones at $1400+

And finally the Hi-point 4595 at around $500 cause most retailers will put a little bump on the price since apparently this gun is the new hotness.

hmmmmm.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Negative, fellers. I trust the guy. He lives near the HP factory, so it would only make sense that the dealer closest to the factory might have a new one.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
$250

That's a pretty good jump just for a new stock. So that amount is reflecting the new popularity, the retooling time, and the increase in materials for denser polymer injecting since it is a skeleton stock they probably had to use more material in the thinner areas so they didn't have to support it with a wire frame inside the polymer.

So the lower 995 number I have seen here was $168. That's an increase of 48%

What did you guys who bought a 4095 in 2009 pay for it and was it new or used.

Just put $XXX NEW in 02/2009.

Once we get an average we can estimate a rough amount for the 4095 and the 4595 based on the price differential between the pistols. Since the carbines increase material roughly in line with the pistols due to caliber we can make a good guestimate.

My 9mm standard was $129 NEW in 09/2008
My .40 standard was $179 NEW in 07/2008

See. so there is a 24% increase in cost between a standard 9mm pistol and a 995 carbine presumably because of more polymer material and heavier shipping weight. That can also be rounded up to 35% dependant on retailers and the sales flex deals that they have with MKS.

So we can assume that a base msrp for the 4095 will start at $250 and we know the 995 is retailing for around that so the 4095 should hit at around $280 to $350 with a reasonable retailer. More likely the $350 range.

We can throw another $90-$120 on the 4595 putting it around $450 most likely.

So we have:

CX4 .45 at $800+
HK USC .45 at $1000+
Olympic arms K45 at $800
Uzi clones .45 at $900-$1500+
Marlin Camp rifle .45 $600+
Vector and other MP5 clones at $1400+

And finally the Hi-point 4595 at around $500 cause most retailers will put a little bump on the price since apparently this gun is the new hotness.

hmmmmm.
someone went to business school

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I don't know, to me thats just talk from another forum, hearsay so to speak. I find it hard to believe the guy gets first look at a new stock 995 in a local gun shop and doesn't shoulder the weapon and he THINKS the price was $249? I would at least think you would remember the price of something everyone is interested in. I won't call BS, but I do detect an odor.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I didn't go business school lol! Thanks though. I feel alot better about the last 4 years now!
I've been wanting to start my own business for about 4 years so I have been buying books and learning and there are some awesome tools on the internet if you want to dig.

I ran the numbers through a calculator that estimates cost percent increases based on retail sales information. So the tool is actually good if you want to copycat another product that already exists. You have to put a reasonable estimate on manufacturing cost and so on so you can see how many you have to produce before you can start counting sales as profit and so on.

I made guestimates on the mark up from MKS and the difference in materials. There is more material in a carbine, including metal, but we know the costs are very similar at retail.

Unfortunatley by my own guesses, it looks like Hi-point may have just priced me out of buying a new model 4095. I might try to buy someones OLD 4095 so that they can halve the cost of buying a new one for themselves.
Anyone interested?
Once the new ones actually show up that is. Let me know. I feel I "need" a 4095 to go along with my ammo philosophy.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.