Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Naked New Jersey Businessman Chases Car Thieves with AR-15, Police Take His Guns
by Jordan Michaels on October 1st 2021

-----------------------------

A wealthy New Jersey businessman had his firearms seized after he used an AR-15 to chase car thieves away from his property last year, according to a new report from the New York Post.

Newly released footage shows Evan Wexler, naked, in front of his Fort Lee mansion firing several shots at another man who was trying to steal his Mercedes G-Wagon. According to the Post, it was the 18th time thieves had attempted to steal one of Wexler’s exotic cars, and the police had done little to stop them.

“I keep calling the police and showing them videos to prove I’m not crying wolf,” Wexler said. “I’m begging them to deter these guys, but they’re not doing s–t. The cops show up too late or go on high-speed chases but they never catch anyone.”

So, the wealthy butcher-turned-high-end hamburger and steak supermarket wholesaler decided to take matters into his own hands.

In the video, the would-be thief can be seen opening the door of Wexler’s Mercedes, which he admits he sometimes left unlocked. According to the Post, car thieves often looked in Wexler’s daily drivers to find keys to his more exotic cars.

In one incident last August, they stole Wexler’s $500,000 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe. It was found a week later with $80,000 worth of damage.

Moments after the thief starts the Mercedes, Wexler can be seen on his home security camera running onto his porch. He isn’t wearing any clothes, and he’s holding what appears to be an AR-style rifle. He keeps the gun trained on the thief as the man runs away and fires what the Post describes as “warning shots” from his porch.

The move succeeded in deterring that particular thief, but police were none too thrilled. They slapped Wexler with aggravated assault and possession of weapons for unlawful purposes, which the meat mogul pled down to possession of a deadly weapon.

Watch the video here:

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That is New Jersey for you. They are more worried about citizens with firearms than thieves stealing expensive automobiles. Citizens with guns are a check against government authority and New Jersey authorities do not like that.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Good charges honestly. The thief was running away, posed no threat and was no longer in commission of any crime. If he had been inside the car, and he was in Texas, it would have been a justified shooting.
God bless Texas
Sky Cloud Flag Red Cumulus

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,068 Posts
Good charges honestly. The thief was running away, posed no threat and was no longer in commission of any crime. If he had been inside the car, and he was in Texas, it would have been a justified shooting.
Thank You, Paul Harvey

·
Registered
7 Posts
if he only shot to scare the guy the charges werent good. maybe being shot at will scare the thiefs enough to quit

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
if he only shot to scare the guy the charges werent good. maybe being shot at will scare the thiefs enough to quit
In my AO a "warning shot" will get you time in a small room with a large man named Bubba. It is considered reckless disregard since you have, in theory, no idea where the bullet will land. As for being scared, this thief could get rich by suing the shooter in my AO

Reactions: FlashBang and Rerun

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts
No. "Warning shots" are still considered deadly force.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Reactions: FlashBang

·
Administrator
24,929 Posts
If the fear of life ending/altering consequences were enough, prisons would work.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Guaranteed the police know who these thieves are, but won't do anything about it since the color of their skin is more important than justice in the law.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,910 Posts
Guaranteed the police know who these thieves are, but won't do anything about it since the color of their skin is more important than justice in the law.
Thats a bold statement. Any facts to back that Guarantee up?

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Police file the charges... it's up to the DA's and Courts to handle the justice part of it. Lay the blame where it belongs.

·
Administrator
24,929 Posts
Police file the charges... it's up to the DA's and Courts to handle the justice part of it. Lay the blame where it belongs.
And even if somehow this gets turned around to a lack of investigative work done in order to file bullet proof charges, it STILL falls on the DA and court system because they still drop the ball on slam dunk cases.

I had an arson case that occurred across the street from my fire station, in full view of my living room. My ex and her boss witnessed the guy throw the molotov, I even took command in my pajamas before I left the house to go across the street and gear up to pull 3 people out before the first truck even rolled.

We found broken glass, traces of accellerant, indicative splash/pour patterns, the guy was arrested fleeing the scene by an incoming state patrol unit, the home owner was a Vestal Cop and the suspect was someone she put away for a year and had just been released.

The weather report we're mandated to attach to every fire report we file said there was lightning in the area. DA dropped the case saying that we didn't bring him enough evidence to prove it wasn't a lightning strike.

Edit: The DA's investigator said that the off-gassing of fresh peat moss and a lightning strike could have started the fire....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts