New Jersey Question

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Newskate9, Feb 5, 2008.

1. I live in PA, taking an overnight to NJ. I have PA CCW and know that I cannot CCW in NJ. Question for NJ’ers - can I bring my gun unloaded (I’m driving) into the state, keep in my hotel room for the night, then unload to take home?

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

A Call to the NJ state police seems to be your best bet. But if you insist...
    From the Website www.carryconcealed.net

" How do you transport firearms?
    Firearms shall be carried unloaded and contained in a closed and fastened case, gunbox, securely tied package, or locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported. Ammunition must be transported in a separate container and locked in the trunk of the automobile in which it is being transported.If the vehicle does not have a compartment separate from the passenger compartment, the firearm must be in a locked container other than the vehicle's glove compartment or console. "
    http://www.carryconcealed.net/

:)

3. thanks, that answers the transport part..... any issues with it loaded in my temporary residence? (hotel?)

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

State Police Newskate.

5. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

New Jersey has not been known for being the straightest state in the USA, they don't even have a state motto in latin! (Ours is dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope)

6. urotu

urotu Member

+1 dude...

Remember that thread on the guy who got arrested and charged with having a handgun without a permit? He was flying through and they found it in his baggage. That was NJ wasn't it?

7. That is correct.

DO NOT bring your piece to NJ. If you get pulled over or someone sees it, NJ will go to GREAT lengths to make your life a LIVING HELL!!!! Best bet, just stay out of NJ...seriously...

8. that's the conclusion I'm drawing - so done deal. Unfortunately, I have to go there for business.

Stay alert, stay smart, stay safe. I really don't like NJ. NO offense intended toward any of my friends here, of course.

9. neothespian

neothespian Member

There are plenty of new non-lethal technologies out there, and they're just the thing when going "heavy" just isn't an option. Many bemoan them, but as I constantly post, there are plenty of new advancements in technology that have expanded your options.

It's not the best situation, but better to use your brain and think defensively instead of using a lawyer :p

Might I suggest the Uber-Flashlight?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/28/the-torch-why-illuminate-when-you-can-incinerate/

Yes I AM buying one of these when the first publisher's cheque comes in!

10. ah..... I'm not spending $$$$ on a flashlight...... but, I do have a real nice surefire I can take!

It's a start - thanks, Neo!

11. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I believe Joysey had a mayer or some big wig have a gay love affair so i don't know about that

Just remeber when you are in JOYSEY keep your hand on your wallet at all times

12. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

I think pepper spray and tazers are both illegal to carry in NJ as well but you probably want to check that yourself first.

13. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

I know for a fact that you cannot have hollow point ammunition in your gun in NJ. My buddy was an armored car guard and when he went for the jersey license they told him if he got stopped it was $1000.00 per round fine. Ridiculous. Do not bring it into Jersey. The Soprano's isn't real. :lol:

14. FLA2760

FLA2760 Guest

+1 on NO hollowpoint ammo in NJ. Powerball is what my friend has in his HD gun in Jersey.