New JHP .45 owner ?'s

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Beltfedvoodoo, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Beltfedvoodoo

Beltfedvoodoo Member

hi guys (and gals) im john in north florida i got myself a .45 and i wanted to ask is there a certain amount of magazine slop in the well?

plus you simply cannot slide in the mag and click it in one must also press release button to seat mag is that something that will wear in and get better in time or a problem already?

i have not yet even fired it i just took my ccw class and been working with that
    but wanted to ask you knowledgeable hi-point owners before i bother customer service at factory

mag does not fall out or anything unless you press release but im wondering if this is just the way they are or just the way mine is :D

thanks in advance

2. I never had that issue with my 45. I guided the clip into position and slapped it on the bottom. Never used the release button.

3. Beltfedvoodoo

Beltfedvoodoo Member

ok thanks for reply , but i never slap one in especially ones i think i may bend pretty easily

but it will not simply "click" in if you push it into the well like it should. even if pressed pretty firmly (i own commie rifles) that need firm hand to attach mags

but on this pistol the magazne falls out nicely (even empty) when release is pressed though

maybe ill try a new set of grips and see if that helps and another mag also

4. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

I have to press my JHP's mag release button while inserting the mag. Also keep a bit of Vaseline on the mag, above the notch, to help it seat. Mag insertion still requires a firm push. This is after about 300 rounds. As long as the mag stays in place nothing to fret over.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Grips won't make any difference. New mag might solve the sloppiness. Release will smooth with wear or you could polish it up a bit.

6. Beltfedvoodoo

Beltfedvoodoo Member

ill grease it and get another mag for it and try that. thanks guys

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    The other answer is to put a VERY small bit of adjustment into the notch in the mag. If you can use a small file to remove a SMALL amount of material at the top of that notch, you won't have to push so hard to seat it. I'm talking thousandths, not sixteenths of an inch.

But...if you make it too big, the mag will ride low, and failures will result.

8. Beltfedvoodoo

Beltfedvoodoo Member

thank you brother , ill gently use my points files , one slight pull at a time. after looking at mag under my magnifying lamp i can see its slightly not square
    whatever the word is for that. not level is more accurate word

and i understand once too much is gone/filed it dont come back :wah:

will grease and use it some first, as said it is still un-fired , im disabled and range is good ways away plus i have anti gunner neighbors that want to take my picture even when i shoot my air gun

im not unhappy with the .45 at all and even expected it may need some adjustment to be a happy bargain :cool:

i will post update on how it goes. much thanks again for the guidance

9. Beltfedvoodoo

Beltfedvoodoo Member

still have some looseness in mag and well but im getting used to that but only one slight mild stroke with points file and a wee bit of smooth clean grease (carmex lip balm) lol got mag to insert perfectly! im a happy guy , thanks for advice , only one slight gentle pull on file too , very slight because we cant go back :D

10. Beltfedvoodoo

Beltfedvoodoo Member

being forum challenged ill make all efforts to corral my madness into one thread both for admins sake and my own :D

next question is now that i have the jhp , what holster have you guys/gals found that best carries the somewhat portly jhp? im tall slim guy i like baggy t shirts in summer florida. i do not yet have my ccw but working on it now. so just general carry type holster you guys like will be fine for around the house. right now i have it in a generic large holster with simple velcro strap that also fits my mdl 66 large frame revolver. thanks as always for your guidance

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

Honestly, 90% of your questions can be answered by spending a few moments looking at the list of threads.
    If your really "forum challenged" the search feature should be your best friend.
    This question has been covered, in detail.

There is a multi page holster topic in the ccw&carry subforum, there are several in the pistol subforum, including one specific to the .45 on page 2. Always look a little.

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome: Belt Fed VOODOO!

That slight notchiness is nothing to worry about, but if you want it gone, try Ajole's advice. I have notined that on some HPs and some expensive handguns. Not a big deal, if everything else works as expected.
    Might be a notch or protrusion on the bottom of the mag catch, actually, not allowing insertion. Check that too ;)

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    He said he's trying to keep it in 1 Thread :p

Unlike your last "new friend" (wiz) :rofl:

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

Doesnt take ANY thread to READ existing threads on the same topic.

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    So "lurkers" should just perpetually LURK?
    I doubt that you have noticed, about 50%+ of the time I use our
    search function, it really sucks on finding stuff I KNOW is here,
    but just need to find again for a pic or something. I doubt a n00b has
    that much luck with it. If you have any insight to getting better search
    results, I'd love to hear it! I'd prolly do much better with a GOOG-iots
    site search, than the native search engine :rofl:

16. talon

talon the banned wagon

No, not lurk eternally, but scrolling and looking a bit first, doesn't hurt anything at all.

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Actually, if you just add "HPFF" to your GOOGLE search it will yield the results you desire. If you type anything into the forum search you'll just be left scratching your ass.

18. Beltfedvoodoo

Beltfedvoodoo Member

and i tried the search box this time for loaded pistol weights - "loaded pistol weights" loaded, pistol , weight etc. i get utah voters and some other stuff about S&W and such as that

easier on me to ask same questions you forum mods and vets hear over and over or google it and not even be here , im recovering from ischemic stroke so maybe im not asking correct or right or whatever but im still doing it anyway. also probably also better than a dead board even if they are same questions over and over. its still traffic

i was gonna buy more of these chubby bargains but was just curious how much they weighed loaded. plus i dont think any forum package search engines works very well unless you learn to use it (tricks/short cuts) or are the coder of it

this jhp im guessing is 4+ # as it feels same as bag of sugar to me but i not have scale that is proper size to weigh it either and am guessing at it

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    My @$$ is bloody, and my claws are DULL!
    You ain't lyin'! :D

One JUST FOR a JHP!!!
    http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f273/hi-point-jhp-45-weight-fully-loaded-282744/

I love the heavy metal handguns :D