Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this little rascal up this weekend.
Phoenis HP22A along with a holster and also the Target set with is an extended mag and also a 5" barrel. $125 for the set. Took it to the range today and shoots great and I love the feel with the extended mag.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thanks, for "ME" the trigger is fine. I've shot better, but also some a lot worse.
Do you have anything to compare it to? Hi-point type trigger? 1911? USP Match?

Also, if you have any other weapons, could you give us a side by side comparrison so I can get an idea of how small that thing is.

Sorry, I'm asking a lot...because I'm thinking about getting a "pocket pistol" and this one really cought my eye, I was eying a Jennings J22 before I saw this...

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have the jennings and it's crap at first. I've had to fiddle with mine so much to get it to fire every time and for the trigger to feel better. The trigger on that thing still isn't very good. I've been wanting to get one of these HP22s but I've never even seen one. I'm thinking I may have to order one or something.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thanks for the video. I actually was just working on my jennings yesterday and was doing a lot of it from help via youtube. I'm surprised I hadn't seen your video already.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, for "ME" the trigger is fine. I've shot better, but also some a lot worse.

Also, if you have any other weapons, could you give us a side by side comparrison so I can get an idea of how small that thing is.

Sorry, I'm asking a lot...because I'm thinking about getting a "pocket pistol" and this one really cought my eye, I was eying a Jennings J22 before I saw this...
Sorry its taken me so long to reply. Been on vacation for the week.
The tirigger to me is about the same as on my Llma MicroMax .380. I also have the Jennings J-22 and there is no comparison in my mind. i would take the Phoenix anytime. Yes it is somewahat bigger, but if feels like I am holding a GUN, especially with the extended mag, it fits my hand nicely. Also, because of the longer barrel, both in the 3 and 5" lengths it shoots more accurately.

I am starting a new job (FINELY) this Monday, but I will try to get some comaprison pictures up as soon as I can. If I had to chose one of those two guns again to purchase, it for sure would be the Phoenix.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hope this helps you out.

Jennings J-22 on top, Phoenix HP22A bottom

also with my Llama MicroMax .380 on the far right.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Wow, thats exactly what I asked for. Thank you very much.

That gun is just a bit bigger than I was thinking, definitely looks thicker than I was expecting.

Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.