New Laser Sight

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Armynurse, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Armynurse

Armynurse Member

I just put a laserlyte sight on my C9, and I'm having a heck of a time getting the windage adjusted to the right. The elevation is perfect. I adjusted the windage screw as far to the right as it will go, and the pistol shoots 2 inches to the left at 15 yards. It was 8 inches to the left when I started.

The hi point's original sights are dead-on and it's an accurate little pistol. That's why I rewarded it with a gadget. I typically do that with my good shooters, although I ruined a Swedish Mauser with a custom barrel once by giving it to a novice gunsmith. :wah:

Anyway, any ideas as to how to move that point of impact to the right two inches? The laser sight is not so far off that I'll miss large targets such as the standard USPSA target. But it is important because while the C9 works well, my 51-year-old eyes now need trifocals, and the laser does the trick. :D

2. What laser did you purchase? I have a Crimson Trace on my Ruger LCP and I love it. It was easy to adjust.
    I don't have one on my Hi-Point, but I'm considering getting the Laserlyte one. It looks sharp!

3. I have that problem in reverse. Elevation is off -way too low- and won't adjust up. Left to right adjustment, no problem.

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
  5. martinh

martinh Member

How ho you like your 9mil? I have heard they have a big recoil.

6. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

The C9? No recoil that I could feel! Now the .40 jcp on the other hand.....I definitely felt recoil, but that's just me.

7. So you all recommend the "laserlyte" for the Hi-Point all in all?

8. The jury is out as far as I'm concerned. Still can't adjust it. :(

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    back both screws off and try again.