NEW Low Profile Rail for 995 & 995TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by LongShotMfg, Jul 10, 2014.

1. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Even though you can't please everybody, we do take all feedback about our products seriously. So, in response to concerns about too much blocky rail height, we are going to introduce our new low-profile top rails for HP carbines, starting with the 995 models. The new low profile rail has an overall height of only .363" ...which is the same height as the original stock plastic top rails. Our current rail heights measure .550" so this is a huge difference. All rails produced for HP carbines have an zero degree MOA.

Also, in response to the ends looking "blocky," we are going to slightly modify the lengths at each end of the 995 rail so as to better blend visually with the steel receiver shroud. Overall length will be reduced to 5.300" but yes, it will look much better on the 995 and the 9mm w/ATI stock conversions.

I have attached some photos to this post and hopefully did it correctly. 1 or 2 pics show the new low profile rail next to the regular rail that we also produce.

We are going to try to keep the price the same at $34.90 for either black anodized, matte black Aluma-Hyde II coated, or plain brushed aluminum. As usual, free shipping is still included. We are going to start out by listing them on Ebay TODAY, so please take a look and let us know what you think. Even better, buy one. As with all our products, we guarantee that you will be happy with them or you can return them for a full refund, including your cost to return it. No issues, we want our customers to be happy. Our website will be fully updated to include all our new additions by the end of this month at the latest.
    j.
    www.LongShotMfg.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Now listed on Ebay..... listing item number is 321458264922

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

PM me, I tell you how to clean that NASTY looking breech on your gun?

Attached Files:

4. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

I Know! In the photo it looks TERRIBLE! Believe it or not, it is actually spotlessly clean. The metal is badly discolored from most likely kerosene heater fumes from the original owner...I bought the gun used. Also, my camera flash causes a reddish hue on a variety of metals. It is the only 995 I have available for pics at the moment so it is gonna have to do....hmmm....or maybe I should take it apart completely and try to get the discoloration out before I use it for additional photos. BTW, thank you for the heads up on it. Now my wife is gonna kick my butt for rushing to get photos posted. Damn... On the other hand, look how clean that rail is!
    j.

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I don't have a carbine but I like that thinner rail.
    Good luck with the sales.

6. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Thank you! At some point we are going to start producing some accessories for HP pistols, too. We have something really big planned for the Kel-Tec Sub-2000, but that's not for this forum.
    j.

7. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

Nice lookin rail. Is this the final product with the modified ends? Is that trigger something you guys offer too?
    Way to listen and respond quickly to the feedback given on your original rail. I plan to replace the factory metal rail on my classic with one of these in the near future.
    Shoot me a PM on your sub 2k ideas..I'd love to hear what you guys have planned.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  8. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Thank you for the compliment on the new rail. We may start offering the trigger again at some point, but we need to get our insurance in order first due to big liability issues. Can't tell you much about the sub2000 project yet...trying to keep it under wraps until it is fully ready to be introduced. We are hoping it can be very helpful for our product sales...cause we really need them! Even though we have a complete machining facility with both manual and CNC capabilities, we are still a very small business with a daily struggle to stay afloat.
    j.