New mags from MOM

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Daveg01, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Daveg01

Daveg01 Member

Got 2 new mags from Hi-Point today. As usual had to adjust the front ears out a bit and the angle of the follower. Pointed up way to much in the front. Other wise the last round would stove pipe every time. Also have been flattening out the dimple in the follower. Seems to let the cartridge slide more consistently out of the mag. Plus the dimple angles the cartridge down in the front a touch. Still waiting for the free update parts from MOM. Probably won't see them till next week. Be glad to get everything back together and do a bunch of shooting with this thing. Want to say thanks to all you guys for all the info I have got on here. Or the old C9 would still be in the night stand drawer for another 7 years.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Let em get this right?
    You were tweaking on your brand new mags before ever shooting with them?

3. RobbK

RobbK Member

I do the same thing oh I will always load them up first but they are always to tight and I tweak them with out shooting them so far I have not had a problem.

4. james45

james45 Member

Mag springs are always too stiff.I wonder if the ultimate fix is just to load 7 instead of 8.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    With the C-9 mags, you pretty much know if you're screwed or not the second you start loading it.

6. Daveg01

Daveg01 Member

Ya ain't it terrible brand new mags factory fresh never touched by human hands. You mention loading only 7 rounds well that's what I do. When I start to empty a clip or two in the bad guys I want to make sure they get the full effect. Of course I have not been in that situation as of yet but when I am boy are they in for it.......( ah humor guys) Hopefully will get the rest of the parts to refresh this thing during the week and see if it still breathes fire. Later guys,,,,,,,,

7. onelife

onelife Member

Hey Dave I think it's a military thing. Just waiting for the opportunity for a bad guy to test ya. I understand what your feeling. Lol I get the humor.

8. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    I bought 2 spare mags for my 995TS from MOM a couple months back... I didn't know they needed to be tweeked, so I packed them full of WWB, them went outside and emptied them into my targets. No issues. I've now run a couple hundred rounds through each, still no issues. What tweeks do I need to make for them to be reliable??

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    None. They're for the 995.

10. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

The 9mm factory new mags have only ever given me problems on the first time using them but after a few mags threw them they run fine. I didn't have to tweak them either just make sure the rounds are pointed up not facing down and it helps to smack the mag to seat the rounds or whatever you call it.

11. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Sorry this is for the carbine 995 mags not the c9 mags I got confused