Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you probably saw me asking about this gun yesterday. I looked at it more and thought about it and my other options and I just couldn't let it stay there. The bore looked pretty nasty and it looked like it might have a little bit of pitting when I looked at it at the store, but there was a lot of crap in it so it was hard to tell. The rest of the gun looked great and the scope seems pretty nice, though it's nothing fancy. $217 tax and all. Not too bad for what I got I don't think. It's a 7.62x51 (they call it a .308 there) and I think it'll make a real nice hunting rifle :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that when I cleaned the barrel it was bright and shiny, with no pitting at all :D!!

Anyway, here's some pr0n.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Great looking gun dude. For the money, I don't think you have anything to complain about... except maybe for not getting any range time yet! Congrats man.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I think I turned out pretty well, I really like this rifle. It's pretty light weight, seems built well, has a nice scope, and it looks pretty :p

I'll be really happy when I get to take her out to the range and see how she does. I'm trying to find a good place to get ammo right now. It doesn't look like corrosive has been shot out of it (unless they really cleaned it well) so I don't really wanna use any corrosive ammo, but I've heard bad things about using commercial .308 Win in a 7.62 NATO gun.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sweet rifle. Congrats on a great deal. I have been looking for a Spanish Mauser chamberd in 7.62 for awhile now.
A couple of years ago you could find them at every gun show for around $100 but now that I want one they are almost non existent and when you do find one they usually in pretty sad shape and priced way to high..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts