Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a notice in my mailbox day before yesterday saying I had a "parcel" at the post office for pick-up.

Today I had a chance and made the drive hoping it would be the drum I ordered in August of last year. I couldn't remember ordering anything else lately.

Got to the PO and it turned out to be a book that was back ordered. :'(

So I drove home dreaming of the day I'd get my drum. ::)

Turned onto my street and spotted Mr. Brown ahead. :-/

My heartbeat sped up.

He went past my drive... :mad:

But then he slowed...stopped...

And the back-up lights came on! :-?

He backed into my drive and we both grinned at the same time. :)

I signed and he handed me the box! My drum! :cool:

Say hello to my leetle friend.

The drum came with a "smoke" transparent rear cover and a black one. The smoke colored one is installed in the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
You now that is not legal in that configuration right? Internet is not such a big place :wink:

·
Registered
534 Posts
If the drum is American made, the buttstock will legalize it because on the Saiga forum, without the mag, it has 11 foreign parts. Replacing the buttstock will make it have 10, which will make it legal.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Now go forth and convert your Saiga.

I just bought the drum today myself. I paid about 100 bux more than what MD Arms was selling them for during the preorder (179 i think) but I'm not worried about it.

May the Wraithmaker burn in hell and hopefully that awful company will melt down and cease to exist now that the Real drum is here!!

The WM can kiss the collective asses of all the good saiga 12 owners around.

Way to go with Mike's drum, Badman, give us a range report!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You now that is not legal in that configuration right? Internet is not such a big place :wink:
You do realize that drum is "Photoshopped" in place, right? :wink:

Conversion is coming, but I will be doing the full conversion-moving the FCG forward and using the Lage folding stock. 8)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm doing the full conversion too. I bought Tromix's saiga 12 trigger guard (has the built in boss for the angled pistol grip screw). On my next Saiga 12, I will use a modified standard AK style trigger guard. I have a leftover one that I will cut up and weld a piece of metal to to make it work.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Arggggg Mike Davidson is shipping around number 500 now, and my number is in the upper 900's

Im looking at probably another couple of weeks before I get mine.

I have a buttload of cheapo federal birdshot just waiting.

badman400 I started out saying mine was going to stay stock, then the bug hit me. Its worth every penny trust me

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Walt.

I like the Galil hand guards. 8)

G

·
Man, I have my own 7.62x39 I am going to convert soon, but dayem! A drum for the Saiga 12? HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!!! I know there has been issues with other experimental drums (wont go into it here) but looking at that magazine, WOW!!!

Only problem for me about getting one, converted or no, is the price everyone is asking for them!!!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Arggggg Mike Davidson is shipping around number 500 now, and my number is in the upper 900's

badman400 I started out saying mine was going to stay stock, then the bug hit me. Its worth every penny trust me
Very very nice!!

Tell me, who did your conversion? Looks awesome and looks almost exactly like what I have planned for mine. The only thing different that I might do is a non-folding stock for the rear.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Man, I have my own 7.62x39 I am going to convert soon, but dayem! A drum for the Saiga 12? HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!!! I know there has been issues with other experimental drums (wont go into it here) but looking at that magazine, WOW!!!

Only problem for me about getting one, converted or no, is the price everyone is asking for them!!!
Price is down right now, S12's are floating around for between 500 and 600 in factory condition. Not many of them for sale, but you can find them.

They are sure worth the money though.

Everyone has so far said that MikeD's drum runs like a Swiss watch. Have not heard one person say they had any feeding issues.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Double post monster, sorry

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts

Very very nice!!

Tell me, who did your conversion? Looks awesome and looks almost exactly like what I have planned for mine. The only thing different that I might do is a non-folding stock for the rear.
Actually I sold my shotty and bought this one from a member of the Saiga forum. He did a nice job on it.

I will say one thing about the ace folder, it is a rock solid stock, no wobble or any negative issues, and you can adjust the stock up and down almost an inch for your taste.

I have the thick rubber pad on mine, makes it easier on the shoulder. After a hundred rounds in one sitting, even the S12 starts to leave a mark ;)

When you get your drum, please let us know what you think of it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts