New member from Illinois

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by prop630, Sep 21, 2015.

1. prop630

prop630 Member

Hi all,
    New member here and I just wanted to say hi to everyone. Just picked up my new pistol this morning, the first Highpoint I've owned but looking forward to getting to the range and shooting it tomorrow. Take care all and I'll be looking forward to getting to know you in the future.

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!.... Laid your mags now and let them sit that way.... Periodically unloading them and reloading them.... Sometimes the HP mags are a little finicky to start.

3. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Welcome from Las Vegas!

4. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Whereabouts in Illinois?
    I'm close, just off I-70 in Indy :D

:welcome:

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Bull should of said to load up your mags now. He has been infected with the moony virus, or it could be just he was a Marine.

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Flunk you icehole!...... ..... No, I got the Moonzies.... My sons a Marine, I'm deaf in one ear, and bad knees, I'm a 4F..

8. planosteve

I'm hard of hearing, knees replaced, neck screwed together, and an ankle held together with screws. Carriers are not a safe place to work. I know your boy is a marine I just had to mess with you, was waiting for Rach to attack. :)

9. planosteve

Besides 3 posts and no drift. Can't have that now, can we.

10. bigjohn56

bigjohn56 Member

Welcome! I'm from Illinois too and we have a lot to be proud of.

Illinois government stands above all other states in some important measures of governmental performance:

First, we have developed a system by which around 50% of our governors serve two terms instead of just one. While only one of the terms is in The State House and the second is in The Big House it still is a progressive program which certainly contributes to the trust the voters have in their elected officials.

Also, the Illinois General Assembly ranks first, in my humble opinion, over all other state legislatures in the "affront to democracy" category. And we owe most of that distinction to our rich history of machine politics and corruption which, if not unsurpassed, is at least unequaled by any other state.

We are committed to preserving these distinctions by electing the same people or their lackeys over and over again.

Again, welcome to the forum. Here we feel that if you aren't crazy when you come here we do our best to make sure you are when you leave.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :rofl: :rofl: A+ for Big John!

12. prop630

prop630 Member

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Boy ain't that the truth bigjohn. I'm just west of Chicago undeRGRound.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  13. Tyler-Durden77

Tyler-Durden77 Member

Are you on the north side or south side? I'm stuck in Crook County nestled right up to the north side of Chicago.

14. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Peoria IL area here. Welcome to the asylum. Any IL members here belong to the ISRA? If not and you really want to do something for IL gun owners, join!

15. basshawk21

basshawk21 Member

Welcome to the Forum.

16. prop630

prop630 Member

Out to the west in Aurora.

17. Tyler-Durden77

Tyler-Durden77 Member

I work out there. I forgot to say it before, but welcome to the forum. Do you use the the range at article 2?

ArmyScout Yes, I am a member of ISRA.

18. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
  19. planosteve

So let me get this strait, in Illinois you need a permit to have any firearm or just pistols? Are there any restrictions on firearms (other than NFA) in the state or is that mainly in Chicago? I am confused. :confused:

20. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Welcome from the Iowa side of the Quad Cities. Where the Illini from Rock Island and Moline are moving to! :D :D