Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for welcoming me.
I found this group because I have an issue with my Hi Point 995TS not cocking back all the way.
I replaced the spring and pin and it worked fine (never fired it) but the spring and pin were recalled so I replaced the original parts and now it won't cock back all the way to engage the trigger.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Thank you for welcoming me.
I found this group because I have an issue with my Hi Point 995TS not cocking back all the way.
I replaced the spring and pin and it worked fine (never fired it) but the spring and pin were recalled so I replaced the original parts and now it won't cock back all the way to engage the trigger.
Redo your steps, most likely put something back wrong. I could understand replacing the springs and pin and having that problem but not going back to the original. Make a new thread under the correct sub forum with some pics of the install and we could help better.

Oh and Welcome!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Welcome from NE Ohio

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
What part of Oregon?

I never heard of a recall by Hi Point. Who made the springs that were recalled?

Then...take it apart and try again. Chances are good something went wrong on reassembly. We’ve all done it at one point or another.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
What part of Oregon?

I never heard of a recall by Hi Point. Who made the springs that were recalled?

Then...take it apart and try again. Chances are good something went wrong on reassembly. We've all done it at one point or another.
He is talking about mcardo springs

·
Premium Member
35,847 Posts
Of course he is...but I didn't want to assume anything.
And I'm still wondering if he's over near Camodeafie, or in the east somewhere

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida here too, and don’t remember any recalls for Hi-Point but like everyone said above take it back apart and check out a video on the YouTube and see if something was missed. If that doesn’t help get some pics up and maybe a member can point you in the right direction.

If you swapped out springs for aftermarket then just return it to factory springs and it should be fine. If you need replacements shoot the Mothership an email and they will get you some free of charge usually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts