New Member, New Gun

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by adam11082, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Just picked this 995 up last night for $230 with 2 mags and a box of blazers. I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I think I may put a red dot on it, and thats about it. I'm not a big fan of the ATI stocks with all the negative feedback.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Welcome to the fold!

Many of us with ATI's don't write about how great they are. Most times folks write about problems so they can get them solved. I love the look of the ATI and all the toys I can slap on it. Other than crappy directions for install, mine's been flawless. ATI's are for everyone - variety is the spice of guns, right!

3. Congrats on your purchase. You will enjoy this site. I have a 995 and a 4095. The 995 wears an ATI stock and I have not had one problem with it.

4. No problems with the ATI here.Everything lined right up,and functioned accordingly. :) [​IMG]

5. Welcome adam, if you decide to go the ATI route, there is a really nice how to install post here on the forum that pretty well takes you step by step through the process.

Like newskate said, most of what you hear about the ATI stocks is the people having trouble, the ones that went on good they are busy at the range shooting ;)

6. Thanks for the welcome guys.

I just can't decide whether I even like the ATI stock. Something about it just doesn't do it justice for me. To me it makes an ugly gun even uglier. Maybe it will grow on me in time...who knows.

7. UGLY?!?!?!? I find both beautiful as hell. That and a lil' menacing from the business end :-D. As you're new, let me introduce you to my signature pic ^_^.

[​IMG]

8. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

I always thought the ATI stock was dead sexy. I had some problems getting the holes to line up at first on mine, but it was worth it. The ATI stock is much more solid and comfortable (IMO).

Right now my 995 is in about 10 pieces on a card table awaiting the screw to hold my magazine release to come in the mail, otherwise I'd be shooting it as often as I could!

9. CharlieOne

CharlieOne Guest

I have a Barska red dot sight. I like it a lot. And welcome!

10. I guess the ati stock is ok, the only thing I don't like is the part that goes from the grip to the butt. I guess it could be cut off.

For now it will remain stock with the exception of a red dot. I am looking at a 25mm, would you guys recommend a 30mm instead? I just like the lower profile.

Thanks

11. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

That's all about preference really, the bigger the better I say. I mainly want mine for fast target acquisition though so that's why I went with a 40mm.

12. I'll most likely go with the 30mm. Thanks.