Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I saw a post the other day where several folks were lamenting the fact that new members end up bringing up questions that have already been answered before. As a member of other forums for some time, I can somewhat appreciate the sentiment, but also appreciate how difficult it can be for a new member to find the information they're looking for.

As I recall, one poster had mentioned that people should be mandated to read certain introductory type posts that would answer all the 'basics' before they are allowed to post. Not sure I agree as I've never seen that done on a forum before, but again, I can appreciate the sentiment.

So, I had a question, and as I will always attempt to do, I will use the search function on the forum to try and find posts that answer my questions before I put them to the forum members.

I did that with the following question, 3 times and got the same response each time - the search word was either too short or too common to return results.

So, here is my question. One poster in that thread I read mentioned that new members should be required to know who "MoM" is. Well, I can guess, based on some context, that the term perhaps refers in some way to the Hi-Point factory? Am I close?

Beyond that, maybe someone needs to make a few stickys with the 'basics' all spelled out for us newbies. You know, where to find new grips, how do I attach the ghost ring sights, how do I turn a .40 into a 10mm - the basics :)

·
Hey! Get Off My Lawn!
3,576 Posts

·
Duke of Sarcasm
5,028 Posts
i agree that people often jump to offering up the search feature as the end all be all of answers to questions when in fact it is quite useless and mostly just sends new folks running in circles looking for threads that have key words that they havent seen used. as far as i'm concerned telling people to go 'search' is a cop out and a means of saying 'i'm tired of repeating myself.
however, many newbs come in without ever trying to research the existing threads which have been recently updated and ongoing but they dont even bother to see whats been discussed in the past few weeks.
so i guess my response is pretty much no answer at all other than to say, give it time, things will start to come together when you let the flow of the place sink in.

·
Registered
600 Posts
You mean MOM did not assemble my carbine?? it was just built in some factory somewhere?:eek: i am very disillusioned right now:cool:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah yes, I do love a good dose of sarcasm. I can give as good as I get.

Thanks for clearing up "MoM' for me.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Banned
6,120 Posts
We'll still give you sh!t, dont worry. Have a thick skin and a decent sense of humor and youll do fine. Or, we'll give you even more of a hard time.

·
Duke of Sarcasm
5,028 Posts
Remember Talon, we are slow to judge.....actually we're slow at a lot of things but especially to judge.

·
Banned
6,120 Posts
Remember Talon, we are slow to judge.....actually we're slow at a lot of things but especially to judge.
We never liked you much anyway blue, just a little slow telling you. :p
And I think Deejay (1 thru 3), & a couple others would disagree on the slow to judge lol

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Being a new guy here is like crossing an 8 lane highway on foot.
If you're a Liberal they take away the central divider.......lol

* We could/should be a little nicer and a little big more tolerant, like for at least 3 posts ;) *

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know, sounds like other firearms forums I belong to. I haven't seen anything here that would shock me. Well except for that idiot girl with the barrel of a Hi-Point in her mouth - that did shock me a bit ;)

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
It's all fun and games till somebody gets hurt....;)

·
Hey! Get Off My Lawn!
3,576 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts