Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by glassham, Sep 8, 2014.

1. glassham

glassham Member

I just joined last week. Retired and enjoying it. Served in Navy 4years.11 months in Nam. Have been hunting since I was about 9. Have 2 shotguns. Including the "Sweet 16" single barrel I got when I was 12. I also have 2 rifles and 3 pistols. Just got my JHC .40 and have yet to shoot it doe to my wife being in the hospital. I'm going to polish the ramp and anything else that looks like it needs it before taking to the range.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

Don't DO anything, until you shoot it? Most HP's don't need anything. No sense TWEAKING something, that don't need TWEAKED?
    Becareful, Hi Points are ADDICTIVE!!!

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome glassham! hope your wife is ok. Load the mag and let it sit, seems to be the general rule with the handguns. I don't own one yet, but I love my carbines!

4. Welcome.

Hope your wife is ok.

5. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome! Range reports are also welcome - we love to hear how they shoot!

6. Welcome and best wishes for your wife.

7. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here and hope your wife gets better and you get to shoot that .40 real soon!

8. bluharley

bluharley Member

Love my .40:D Good choice, ammo always available, makes a big bang, great gun.:D

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Welcome and thanks for your Service. There is a forum for Vets here, be sure to sign in.
    I don't know where this desire to "polish the feed ramp" on a new semi-auto came from. Not necessary unless you have feed problems, and even then it is usually something other than the feed ramp. Clean the gunk out of it and then shoot it before you do anything else. If it aint broke, don't fix it.