Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
521 - 540 of 564 Posts

· Registered
1,500 Posts
I've pretty much written off the new YC-9. But I gave up on a PMR-30 years ago and now I have one on lay a way so who knows.

On the other hand we're likely to see the new Hi Point before they finish counting ballots for the November 2022 mid-term elections.

· Administrator
28,335 Posts
Actually, the "new" C9 design looks pretty decent...I'll be damned if I have ever seen one in person though. I would buy it if I did.
The hi-cap model with the optics cut? It's not released yet. So far it's vaporware.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

· Premium Member
25,811 Posts
I've given up at this point. There must be some form of very steep learning curve going on, somewhere in the design, because the manufacturing tech is not particularly advanced and is well understood.
That or some sort of internal power struggle? Could be they're fighting to get it 50 state legal and approved in Cali first.

Reactions: bumthum

· Premium Member
37,174 Posts
That or some sort of internal power struggle? Could be they're fighting to get it 50 state legal and approved in Cali first.
I'm thinking it's money for tooling up. Cad/Cam one off and printed parts are fine, but at some point, you have to drop a pile of cash on tools and machinery, and I don't think they have the capital to risk on it, especially with all the $200 double stack handguns on the market already.

· Registered
289 Posts
I'm thinking it's money for tooling up. Cad/Cam one off and printed parts are fine, but at some point, you have to drop a pile of cash on tools and machinery, and I don't think they have the capital to risk on it, especially with all the $200 doube stack handguns on the market already.
With C9 production ongoing, you could be correct. The casting dies, and other tooling, aren't cheap and they may be rethinking their plan given the very competitive market around that price point. My personal feeling is that HiPoint jumped the gun on announcing this product to try to get their buyers excited, but interest is waning since most people seem to be over the hype.

· Administrator
28,335 Posts
and approved in Cali first.
Impossible barring the favorable result of several lawsuits leveraging NYSRPA v Bruen. The hardest part is the BS "microstamping" requirement. If Glock, Ruger, and S&W can't seem to comply, how will little ol' Hi Point?

Then, of course, there are those stupid meltingpoint laws. Illinois and a few others, ims.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

· Premium Member
37,174 Posts
...and here we are with 2023 a few days away and still nothing from HiPoint.
The JXP is showing up in advertising, and Kygunco lists it at $220, but has a “notify me when available” on it…..so it’s not real yet either.🙄

· Registered
34 Posts
I agree. But only if their Yeet Cannon works.;)
It probably works fine and the reason that they haven't put it out yet is because they haven't figured out a way to get rid of the inbred retard that named it so they they can change the name to something respectable and actually sell a few.

I'd rather be seen at the range in camo speedos shooting a pink Glock than with something with that stupid name emblazoned on it.

· Premium Member
Everything
3,449 Posts
I'm definitely more interested in the 10mm than the yeet, not that I need to add another caliber. If I add 10mm, of course I'll need to get another 1911 as well, and then I'll need the 1095, and then it's whole new spending kick, and I just can't be buying anymore guns for a bit, lol. Went a little overboard last year, no budget for it right now.

· Resident PITA
16,262 Posts
"The 10mm Yeet Cannon". That "Name the Gun" contest will be the death of this damn company.

521 - 540 of 564 Posts