Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

New Modern Hi-Point Pistol

69K views 618 replies 75 participants last post by  TNTRAILERTRASH 
#1 ·
Ammoland is reporting that HP will be introducing a new contemporary 9mm pistol soon. Anybody know anymore about it?

#445 ·
I trade guns pretty regularly, but sell rarely. The only one I regret trading is a Beretta 92fs Brigadier. But I got a Ruger Super RedHawk 44 magnum out of that deal.
The last gun I outright sold was a DoubleTap defense 45 acp derringer. That gun flat out HURT to shoot. I shot it twice and had a black and blue bruise on my hand for three days. It had to go.

#447 ·
I trade guns pretty regularly, but sell rarely. The only one I regret trading is a Beretta 92fs Brigadier. But I got a Ruger Super RedHawk 44 magnum out of that deal.
The last gun I outright sold was a DoubleTap defense 45 acp derringer. That gun flat out HURT to shoot. I shot it twice and had a black and blue bruise on my hand for three days. It had to go.
Yeah, and they make that lover in 45-70, iirc. NO THANKS!

#451 ·
If it ever is put on the market, I think a lot of people that were interested aren't now. I was at first but, now, not as much. There's other handguns on the market now for around $250 or a little more that offer at least as good of feature. So......

#452 ·
There don't seem to be many 9mm handguns on the market for $250 right now.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Quavodus
#454 ·
I haven't seen any of those prices the last four times I went into LGSs.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

#469 ·
We use it like crazy at work in the paint shop. I'm glad to be out of there. Cutting oil is probably the most dangerous chemical I have to deal with now.

#486 ·
They got tired of us complaining that the flavor didn't match the color, and coloring in the weird shapes on the topos then getting lost.

#493 ·
I don't recall saying this publicly, but TMF was running low on laminated wood stock, and made me an offer I could not pass up. I got 1 set each of free grips for my JHP by supplying the slabs of wood. Each slab makes 4-5 sets of grips, but costs a bit less than one set. As I recall, it was just over the retail for one set of grips, for both slabs. Maybe 130%

I selected the Bumblebee and the Royal Jacaranda (black, gray, purple, blue) the RJ was particularly good looking. [emoji106]

#494 ·
I don't recall saying this publicly, but TMF was running low on laminated wood stock, and made me an offer I could not pass up. I got 1 set each of free grips for my JHP by supplying the slabs of wood. Each slab makes 4-5 sets of grips, but costs a bit less than one set. As I recall, it was just over the retail for one set of grips, for both slabs. Maybe 130%

I selected the Bumblebee and the Royal Jacaranda (black, gray, purple, blue) the RJ was particularly good looking. [emoji106]
He always had that deal. If you supplied the the materials he charged you a manufacturing fee unless you sent enough to get more than one set of grips out of it and gave him the leftover.

#503 ·
Mag capacity of the YC9 was supposed to be 12 rounds. The rapid prototype magazine displayed looked externally very similar to the IJ70 18AH magazines which featured a nested double follower setup with the top of the mag being single column. Kind of a variation of a coffin mag.

This design was not, to the best of my knowledge, actually confirmed by HP but it is the only thing I could come up with which explained the shape of their mag.

I think you can still find the video from SHOT a few years ago.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: bumthum and ichthyo
#504 ·
I think I remember the mag being a stack and a half, like a P365 or the new S&W that just came out. I'd bet 11 dollars that the mag is holding up release of the gun, I hear mags can be very tough to design, hence why a lot of manufacturers turn to Mec Gar for design. Lots of rumors and bad talk about Hi Points out there, feed issues being a main one (only one I've ever fired would only feed 4 rounds, load any more and it would malfunction) so maybe they refuse to release until all the feeding bugs are worked out? What else could go wrong, it's a blowback 9mm made by the blowback 9mm masters of the universe.

#505 ·
4rds? You didn't come here for the fix. Still have it? We can help.

#506 ·
It belonged to a guy at the range, he couldn't hit the ground with it if he fired straight down and asked me to give it a go to see if it was broken. Told me that 4 rounds loaded would feed and fire, 5 wouldn't. He was right about that, but I put all 4 of those rounds through the same hole, that gun was a laser beam. I have a Stallard JS-9 on the way to my FFL, would like to get a YC9 in 2027 when they come out, so I figured I'd join up over here and gain some knowledge.

#508 ·
Last time I checked a Canik TP9SC was under $400 with optics cut, adapter plate, 15rd, 12rd, case, tools, and a really fine trigger.

Taurus has many great offerings too.

The train left the station. Their window of opportunity is closed.

#513 ·
Last time I checked a Canik TP9SC was under $400 with optics cut, adapter plate, 15rd, 12rd, case, tools, and a really fine trigger.

Taurus has many great offerings too.

The train left the station. Their window of opportunity is closed.
Yep. Its a $100 at best at this point. I'll get one if its for a $100. Any more I'm buying better, lighter, more rounds. Its a novelty gun ffor me at this point.

#510 ·
90% of the stuff the buy in the USA is Chinese including the OTC, and prescription meds. The same can be said for them. They own most of our politicians, and dictate/censor our movies They dictate the curriculum in our universities I have Hi-Points. I won't carry them. Too low capacity, and too heavy. The YC-9 will have a crappy trigger, and be heavier than a brick.

Reactions: moona11
#511 ·
Lost me TN, I was talking about avoiding Turkish guns because Turkey literally funds radical islam and terrorism with government dollars. I'm with you on China, F them as well. As much as I'd like to buy 100% American, not possible, much isn't made here any longer. I do try to avoid the really bad countries when I can though.

#512 ·
I prefer Austrian guns over American made S&W, Ruger etc. I do own both, I have several flavors/colors of Glocks. I am done buying Glocks. Still carry one every once in a while. I carry a LCPMax daily. It's my back up, or my deep conceal. I have older P model Rugers, love them. They are big chunk JHP45 sized.

#515 ·
P365 mags aren't quite that profile, only 1 spring and follower assembly, they seem to transition more from 1.5 9mm wide to 1 9mm wide to keep the grip skinny. If the YC9 is using a design that complex I can definitely see it holding things up. I'm buying one either way, tomorrow or December, don't care when, it's unique.

#519 ·
Supplies of unobtainium are on the fritz due to COVID/9-11/Ukraine War/Gas Prices/Islamic Terrorism and what have you.

I know we'll never get one, but it would be nice to see a candid sit down long-format talk about the development of the YC-9, like the one Ian got about the prototype development of the Hudson H-9 pistols. There has got to be more going on behind the scenes here. It's been mentioned ad nauseum, but it has been speculated they stuck with slide to magazine geometry of the C-9 to save development time and money... if that's true, the YC-9 is really more of an evolution and most rational people would view this as a major corporate misstep from the very beginning of the social media campaign to name it.