Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Mossberg Persuader in 12 Ga. the other day. I put the pistol grip on it as soon as I got it home, damn it looks mean just sitting against the wall. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, one question. The pistol grip is hard plastic of some type, should I change it out for the soft rubberized grip I've seen for sale? The factory grip looks like it might do a number on your hand shooting it more than a few times. Any info ya'll can give me would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Trust me you are going to want to put a full stock on it in a few weeks, I had a mossberg with pistol grips, and for any heavy load it just plain hurt to shoot, I went right back to the full stock.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
They aren't that bad to shoot actually. They can be one-handed fairly easily, recoil is vary manageable. I personally think most .357mag revolvers kick harder.

I'm comparing this to an 18.5 gun with a pistol grip. I don't know how long your barrel is, or how heavy your shotgun is.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They aren't that bad to shoot actually. They can be one-handed fairly easily, recoil is vary manageable. I personally think most .357mag revolvers kick harder.

I'm comparing this to an 18.5 gun with a pistol grip. I don't know how long your barrel is, or how heavy your shotgun is.
My persuader is the 18.5 in. barrel and it seems pretty heavy fully loaded with 3 inch. 00 buck.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
My persuader is the 18.5 in. barrel and it seems pretty heavy fully loaded with 3 inch. 00 buck.
I don't know then lad, go shoot it and judge for yourself. I think if you hip-shoot it with with a proper grip, you will have no problem. I've one handed 3.5 loads before with minimal problems, so you should be able to shoot this gun with normal loads.

·
Registered
799 Posts
ya i had the pistol grip mossberg also and sold it before i even shot it.but if i can shoot a desert eagal 50 cal with no pron im sure it wouldnt be a prob.but then again im 6ft3 230 lol

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i had the pistol grip mossberg also and sold it before i even shot it.but if i can shoot a desert eagal 50 cal with no pron im sure it wouldnt be a prob.but then again im 6ft3 230 lol
Yeah I've never had any problems shooting and with me the bigger the gun the better. When I bought my hipoint pistol I went right for the .45 . My first shotgun when I was 12 was an old winchester 12 ga. it was almost as big as I was. Many, many moons ago.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Dude, theres a video out there of Primal's wife shooting his Desert Eagle, for the most part your size doesn't really matter. Its form and wrist control.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Pistol grips look cool but it's so easy to miss your target with one.
You will have enough control and aim well enough to shoot across the room or down a hall.

Anywho, back to the original question, the recoil wont be so much that the hard plastic grips beats your hand to death.

desert eagal 50 cal
That gun has a....damn your new rule Primal, I can't think of good analogies now. That gun has girl parts. It's weak, it's so heavy and the gas system soaks up most of the recoil.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
slide a hogue rubber one on it and get the pump forend strap, great control and like Masso said, won't beat the crap out of your hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts