New Okie

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by fishsticker, Aug 6, 2014.

1. fishsticker

fishsticker Member

New to the forum, and hi points. Figured I'd say hi. Have not yet purchased a hi point, but I stumbled across this forum while researching their .40 cal handgun. Been a Glock fanatic forever and find myself tired of building up 1200 dollar guns on a 500 dollar platform. Seems theres a few minor mods that help these things run a bit smoother and I can have a decent sidearm without making the kids go hungry, lol! I like tinkering and making good things "better", seems I can play around with some stuff on these and not want to hang myself if I ruin it! Anyway, Im lost in that trigger thread still, so Im gonna get back to that. wanted say hello from western Oklahoma!

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Hello from your southern neighbor.

3. cktvt

cktvt Member

Hi and welcome. I might suggest you keep a light hand on the throttle if you ever have the urge to express your admiration for Glocks on this forum. It tends to give some HP fans heartburn, more so than many other brands. ;)

4. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Hi from Missouri!
    There are some rational GLOCK owners here. (Some can't handle perfection, lol).
    If you like shooting a full size Glock, I bet you will like the HP's. I honestly like shooting the HP a little better than my G17.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Hi and welcome from a glock hater :). I hope you enjoy the forum.

6. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the great southwest. Get a carbine, fun fun fun

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I don't hate Glocks, just the fan boys. I finally got to handle the model 20 and it fit my hand well and overall felt good. I think I will add it to my list I have always wanted a 10mm.

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

I could never figure out why some people would buy 1 gun instead of 4?
    I may have some friends that would need a weapon in the "Dayz of the ZOMBIE"?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  9. cktvt

cktvt Member

Oh, I agree about Glocks versus Glock Fanboyz; it's just that too much frothing about Glocks can lead to the conclusion that yer one of the boyz. Then of course there are HP Fanboyz (ahem, guy whose name rhymes with Kelvin :rolleyes:) but that's OK here among friends. ;)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  10. fishsticker

fishsticker Member

Well I'll try to keep the G word to myself. I cant really vouch for the hi-points yet, however the price tag and the loyalty of the fans are whats drawn me to them so far. Bear in mind, I was ribbed a lot for my over affection toward glocks, so Im no stranger to the haters. I was never one for following the crowd though.

Anyway, I appreciate the warm welcome. Im curious if there are any other okies hiding out on here? On a side note and as better introduction. My name is Chris Kimble and Im an account manager with Baker Hughes. Im 33, happily married to my wonderful wife jess for two years. I have a 7 year old step daughter and 1 year old baby boy. I love shooting, bowfishing, falconry, trapping, hunting, fishing, rock climbing and snakes!

Attached Files:

11. cktvt

cktvt Member

Wow, I gotta get off this couch more, but...yaaaaawn....not right now...;)

12. Grant

Grant Member

You'd get up if that snake was in the couch. Welcome.

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Is that first pic an alligator gar?

14. Rerun

Rerun Member

Paddlefish isn't it?

Welcome to the Best Forum on the Web!

eldar

15. fishsticker

fishsticker Member

Its a longnose gar. I shot it at a bowfishing tournament last year in Missouri. Bass Pro did a replica mount for me since it is the new Missouri state record. I have mine on the wall and they said they were going to put some in their stores, although I don't know how many or which stores.

16. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome from KCMO area fish! Looks like your living the life bud!

17. cktvt

cktvt Member

And to think when I read his first post, I just figured he liked fish-sticks. :rolleyes: