Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cool. You sound almost exactly like me when I bought mine. It's a better gun than people give it credit for.
Hopefully you won't get too much "social" use out of it in Calumet. It seems like a pretty cool town. We drove around in town for quite a while when we were on the way back from Copper Harbor last summer. I, for some reason wanted to check out the nooks and crannies of the old town. It looked like it was a happening place when the mines were running full bore. Based on the old building designs anyway.
Unfortunately we didn't stop for lunch because we had just eaten our fresh from the oven (watched it happen) pasties we got from the Mohawk Superette. Well, they were better than most of the pasties in SouthWest WI anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't beat our area for pasties. I did have a break in to my shop last year and an armed robbery in the neighborhood so I'm in the process of getting a CPL. Even in nice quiet towns like this you get a few nut cases. I pray there will never be a need to use it "socially" but it will be there if the time should ever come.

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
From my experience I can get hits out to about 105 yards with a 9 millimeter carbine. 9 millimeter Luger does not have near the power of most rifle rounds but it is better than a .22 Long Rifle.

Welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
I used to target shoot with my 9 millimeter Luger carbine until the supply went away. I am able to find more .40 Smith & Wesson so I shoot with that and 7.62 x 39 lately. .308 Winchester is too expensive now as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I pray there will never be a need to use it "socially" but it will be there if the time should ever come.
I can second that sentiment. I live in a smaller town than Calumet. That being said, the only thing I really did to mine was to mount a light/laser on the rail under the barrel.
Truglo Tru-Point Laser/Light Combo (SKU: TG7650R) $100-$115
It has a wired remote pressure pad you can mount further back for momentary engagement of the light, laser or both at the same time. Just an economical safety recommendation.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Welcome aboard!! The carbines are a blast, no pun intended, enjoy it. I have a 995 and a 4095. Of course they come out with 10mm AFTER I got the 40s&w, but its still fun.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,004 Posts
Unfortunately we didn't stop for lunch because we had just eaten our fresh from the oven (watched it happen) pasties we got from the Mohawk Superette. Well, they were better than most of the pasties in SouthWest WI anyway.
PASTIES or Pastries?

MAYBE an "NSFW" link, removed the pic of "pasties"
It's a big difference from Pastries to Pasties :rotfl:

no nips. or did the rules change??

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,004 Posts
lmao

it let me post the PIC but not the link, I edited it to the link and got the message
that it was "inappropriate content" :rotfl: weird system we got here!

·
Administrator
24,797 Posts
Okay, got it. No more tasty beef, onion, potato and turnip filled Welsh pastries. I won't even go into how folks used to eat them back in the day then.
It was the scantily clad baked goods that violated the rules...unfortunately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts