New owner of a very used 995

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by MMAshooter, Mar 23, 2008.

1. MMAshooter

MMAshooter Guest

I was offered a 995 in trade a few days ago, & started researching, ending up here on the forum. I'll say thank you right now, this place has been a great source of information.

Taking the trade was pretty much a no-brainer. It's completely stock, a bit rough w/ bsa red dot, stock magazine is a bit sloppy, & unknown how many rounds have gone through. My goal is a nice shooter for my wife, the plan is ATI stock, holo sight, trigger/charging handle upgrade for now.

Does anyone have input on mounting the holo sight, normal mount vs. scout style?

I'll be shooting it later today, can't wait!

2. Cruiser

Cruiser Guest

First, invest ten days to two weeks and send the 995 in for an overhaul and ungrade. HiPoint wants you to do that with any used gun of theirs.

All 9mm Handguns, Carbines and .380 Firearms:
    Beemiller Manufacturing Facility
    1015 Springmill Road
    Mansfield, OHIO 44906
    (419) 747-6095

3. Send it in they will make it like new and a new mag for your trouble.

4. MMAshooter

MMAshooter Guest

Thanks for the information, I will definately be sending it in. The sloppy magazine caused jams every couple shots unless I held it in.

Also, with red dots & holos how usefully are they outside in moderate daylight? Dot wasn't visible at all today, (yes, power was on & indoors the dot was just fine :) ) I don't want to upgrade if these type of sights are basically useless outside (never had one before).

5. I have a BSA red dot, and the only time its not visible outside is if I am shooting straight towards the sun.

Does your red dot have a fresh battery?

Congrats on your carbine by the way

6. Try a red/green dot. I find during the day I like the green dot better. Your eyes may be younger / better than mine though.

7. Ari

Ari Guest

welcome to the forum