Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased my first pistol, the local shop is kind of run by grown children so I figured I would go right to the source for my questions.

I bought my Hi-point 45 3 days ago but the gun shop was having a hard time locating the box with the warrenty paperwork and instructions in it and I got tired of watching them shoot the shat so I left and told them I would come back in a week for the paperwork. So here goes, is there anything I need to do before actually taking my 45 to the range? Does it need to be stripped down and oiled up? I read here about loading the mag with 8 rounds and letting it sit for a week so I am aware of that break in period.

After browsing this site I immediately hit ebay and picked up a Hogue Handall full sized grip sleeve and a Fobos holster but are there any other essential buys for a HP owner?

Swung by the local wal-mart and to my surprise they had a fresh shipment of hollow point ACP winchester so I picked up two boxes worth for when I CC. I have been looking on-line at ammo but I am a little confused as to the different ammo types. GAP? AUTO RIM? Long Colt? Which .45 should I be buying for my HP?

Thanks a ton guys!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
:welcome: from IL and congrats on your purchase. You dont need to strip and oil it as it will be fine out of the box. Good choice on the handall, it will make a lot of difference. I would reccomend loading up the mag for a couple weeks prior to shooting but you again, you dont have to. The type of ammo you want is .45 auto. I am a little concerned the gun shop didnt have the box or paperwork for it, it doesnt seem very professional. When you get it, there should be a gun tool, trigger lock, and ghost ring sight along with the papers inside. As far as waranty goes, if anything ever happens to the gun you can send it back to Hi-Point and they will take care of you free of charge and send you a new mag to offset shipping. Also if any of the above things arent included when you go pick up the papers, give Hi-Point a call and they will get them out to you.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
you want 45 auto, or acp they are the same. Auto rim is hardly ever used. Gap is glock auto pistol, and Lc is 45 long colt, old school revolvers and lever action rifles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.