New Ruger 9MM light

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by unclerob, Feb 2, 2008.

1. OH MAN!!!! That's one sweet looking pistol and chambered in my favorite caliber too... 380acp! With an MSRP of $330 it should be between $250 and $300 in the store. This will give the KT P3AT a run for its money.

2. Troller98

Troller98 Member

Not bad, looking at the schematics for it, they completely copied the P3AT design. An almost identical gun just slightly thicker, if they price it around $250 I would definitely have to take a look at one. I love my Kel Tec but I must admit Ruger has a better track record for reliability.

3. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

When people hear they have an option of owning a keltec or a ruger for the same about of $, one would be hard pressed to pass up the quality and customer service of Ruger... not to bad mouth keltecs or anything.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

make it in 9mm not .380 come on Ruger :wink:

5. unclerob

unclerob Member

I agree Ari.
    So close you can almost smell it. :wink:
    'cept at the ammo store. :(

6. I think I'm going to get get one of those.

7. I've never been a fan of Ruger semi-auto centerfire pistols, but I'll give this one a look. It's going to be pretty hard to convince me to give up my P3AT that's proven itself though. If I didn't already have and trust the Kel-Tec, the Ruger would stand a much better chance.

That is a very annoying website though!

8. The trigger on the Ruger looks to be a few pounds lighter than the KelTec P3AT, that would translate to better accuracy and less stress on the booger hook while at the range.

9. screwylewie

screwylewie Guest

What's up with all copies of kel-tec handguns? First the sky p-11 clone and now ruger and their p-3at clone, kel-tec must be doing something right. You know what they say about imitation and flattery! Both my wife and I carry a p-3at and we love them.

10. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

:shock: I am a sucker for .380’s and a Ruger, but I think the Bersa Thunder would be a better buy. I still want one though.

11. minidriver

minidriver Member

Bump it 9mm and I'll take a look, till then I'll keep looking around.

12. KelTec has a great concept.... super small pocket pistols.... but their triggers are terrible. Great gun ruined by a bad trigger. Yes I have owned two KelTec's in the past, P11 and P40, and the triggers were the reason I got rid of them.

13. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

yup thats just what i was thinking.

14. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    Well, I know I am buying one come summertime.
    Was planning on kel-tec for cc, but I looove rugers....
    although I would prefer it in 9mm as well.