New shotgun

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by JBall419, May 26, 2014.

1. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio
    Savage 12 gauge 5+1 only shot 6 thru it so far. I will see how well it does after more shooting, but so far I'm pleased for the low price. The ak I already had out to take shooting so I just added it in the pic lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio
    ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1401160014.640684.jpg

Almost forgot the pic lol

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

pssst.....you forgot the pic. (nevermind you added it while i was typing that ) ;)

both look great!

4. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio

Thank you kind sir :)

5. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I have a Savage also, great gun and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I ended up getting a Mossberg 930 just because I wanted semi-auto for 3-gun, but the Savage still gets range time and serves in the HD role. Nothing like the sound of racking a shell in a pump 12-gauge to make bad guys think again. :D

6. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio

So no issues with the savage? It was an impulse buy for me because it was on sale and I could afford it basically lol.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

what do you think about that century arms grip on your AK? do you think the squared profile is comfortable? i personally hated the way it felt on mine and quickly changed it out.

8. JBall419

JBall419 Member

Ohio

I like it a lot actually, but have considered checking out a magpul. What did you put on yours?

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

on my wood furniture guns, most of the time i stick with bakelite originals honestly, they are a bit small, but the round back is very comfortable. on my tactical AK's i use an Ergo overmolded on one, which is thicker than most other grips, but fits nice in my big fat hands:

http://ergogrips.net/products/ergo-rifle-grips/ergo-ak-classic-grip.html

and on the others, i have a MagPul MOE which is also very comfortable.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=761&name=Magpul+MOE+AK-47+Pistol+Grip

i've also tried a US Palm grip, but wasnt happy with it.

10. desertrider

desertrider Member

^^^ +1 on the Ergo recommendation.

I only have one AK, but the Ergo grip is the most comfortable, especially if you have large hands.

Nice looking shotgun, I've got an older Winchester Defender 1300 that I 'Bubba-fied" and actually really like the way it handles now. I ditched the original stock and put an ATI pistol grip unit on and it became my favorite shotty.

11. i bought the same savage shotti recntly.no problems yet but it kicks like a mule

12. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I have had a 320 D for about 3 years now and have run several hundred 00, #4 Buck, and slugs through it with no issues. Goes bang every time.