Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a saiga 7.62 *39 ..just wondering if i got a deal ??? $100.00 nice and clean buddy is bout 56 and doesn't think its his style anymore..Good for me ,bad for him i guess. It shoots great and i love the look ,looks alot like a syn ak-47 but a little shorter. is this gun under the assault weapon category or what?? just wanting some info on this gun??? :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pic of it as soon as i get it on photobucket add to the black collection :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile:eek:ne more thing where to find bigger clips???if available

·
Registered
927 Posts
no deal but ill tell you what i'll give you 200 for it thats 100 for what you paid and 100 for your troubles...........ok ok didnt work but a hell of a deal lucky S.O.B.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Just got a saiga 7.62 *39 ..just wondering if i got a deal ??? $100.00 nice and clean buddy is bout 56 and doesn't think its his style anymore..Good for me ,bad for him i guess. It shoots great and i love the look ,looks alot like a syn ak-47 but a little shorter. is this gun under the assault weapon category or what?? just wanting some info on this gun??? :devilsidesmile:
Good deal, i've seen them going for 350 - 400 online.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah its an awesome deal.

I bought back in October and it was a little under $300 then. A friend of mine and I converted it to an AK (pistol grip, tapco stock, new trigger group, filed the mag catch, fabricated a bullet guide) It now takes any AK mag and it is a sweet shooter. More or less a Russian AK :cool2:

Good luck finding ammo :cantlook:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Ok, you see this....

:mad:

That is me being OFFICIALLY jealous!!! Excellent deal bro!!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nope not filing the magazine itself down, filing the mag catch on the rifle(the lever or clip at the bottom of the mag well)
The rifle WILL NOT work with AK mags though unless you fabricate or buy a bullet guide (ramp) and attach it in the receiver at the base of the barrel.

Siaga and AK mags are completely different. Just remember if you stick a hi-cap mag in your saiga without following 922(r) compliance, you are breaking the law...just a heads up

Saiga-12.com do a little research there and you will find out anything you ever want to know :cool2:

A guy named Dinzag makes conversion parts as well, just do a search for Dinzag Arms- I have not used any of his stuff

We converted mine for around $100 plus time and labor. It was a learning experience. I fabricated my own bullet guide from 1/2" black oxide pipe adapter from lows and a dremel tool. The trigger group will need to moved forward to allow room for the pistol grip. We put a Tapco G2 in mine, it is about a 3lb trigger pull.

They are great rifles

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
good deal. all the above info is good and ill add that unless you are desperatly wanting an AK knockoff id leave the saiga as is and buy a regular AK when the fervor over autos dies down. there will always be standard AKs faloting around. there wont laways be uncoverted saigas.

SW

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
there will always be standard AKs faloting around. there wont laways be uncoverted saigas.

SW
Yes, great deal, congrats!

What do you mean that there won't always be unconverted Saigas around? Who wants an unconverted Saiga? They aren't collectible since they are a bastardized AK in their stock form. They handle awkwardly compared to the standard AK, they look funny, they have weird sometimes rough trigger pulls, etc.

The only good thing about an unconverted Saiga is that its what allows them to be imported into this country.

I would easily pay a 100-150 dollar premium on a decent converted Saiga done at home, and a Red Jacket or Tromix conversion can command a LOT more than that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah its an awesome deal.

I bought back in October and it was a little under $300 then. A friend of mine and I converted it to an AK (pistol grip, tapco stock, new trigger group, filed the mag catch, fabricated a bullet guide) It now takes any AK mag and it is a sweet shooter. More or less a Russian AK :cool2:

Good luck finding ammo :cantlook:
No ammo shortage here, upper michigan any and all...!!!!but ya head south 50 miles and then u cant find much for 9mm or 39"s . Just purchased ammo fr buddy 200 rounds in boxes blazer 9mm for 21.00 thats all the cash i had he said good .But he no longer has a 9mm so .....but good buy there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts