Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about picking up a new SKS at a local pawn shop...and was wondering which is best..... they have a yugo a few chinese and one norinco.... i am not worried about the furniture as i will put a tapco stock on it...any info would be appreciated....and yes i will post b4 and after pics as soon as i get it....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you get a norinco and put a Tapco on it, I will buy that old norinco stock and handguard from you.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
From what I've heard, the better quality guns are the Yugos... So if they have one there that's cheap, grab it up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can get a Chicom SKS with a none pinned in barrel are very well made. They are a better gun them the yugos IMHO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yugo grenade launcher removal

the only consideration i am having now is....is the grenade launcher / sight removable on a yugo ????

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
i am thinking about picking up a new SKS at a local pawn shop...and was wondering which is best..... they have a yugo a few chinese and one norinco.... i am not worried about the furniture as i will put a tapco stock on it...any info would be appreciated....and yes i will post b4 and after pics as soon as i get it....
You might consider leaving the rifle in it's "original" state/condition... look into 922 compliance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

all tapco parts fall under the B.S. compliance issues.... actually after some research i will just remove the grenade sight.. replace the srock with a tapco non folding pistol grip which covers 3 compliance parts.. and replace the launcher with a tapco muzzle brake...( again a compliant part...) more mods all covered...yugo gas tube, handguard / rail, and shell deflector....all parts are made in the u.s and will make my sks "made in america"....oooops forgot the american made mags....

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
norinco> yugo if it is a non pinned barrel.

cleaner look, lighter weight, chrome lined barrel.

Yeah to legally do the stock you need tapco 20 rounder mags, the stock, handguard, op rod, and gas piston.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts