New slide and barrel

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by greg_r, Sep 12, 2015.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

C9 slide and 9mm barrel came last week, I got it when I got home from work friday.

Slide looks new, barrel has painted feed ramp that shows some use where the paint is rubbed off. I don't normally advocate doing anything before seeing if it works, but in this case I think I will go ahead and polish the ramp. The only thing I am disappointed in is the sights. They are all painted red. Didn't know how much I liked the yellow until I looked down the slide through these. Think I will raid the granddaughters fingernail polish stash and find some of the glow in the dark stuff she has, make some pseudo night sights and see how they work.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

It is almost Halloween, STOCK UP on glow in the dark polish. It is HARD to find in July?

3. greg_r

Yep, Halloween stuff is already out. They have already started stocking up. I'm pretty sure they bought some green glow polish to go with the black and orange. If not, I will make sure they get some!

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Same old slide, but I got a New Barrel today, and it's already in :D
    G20 hi-capacity 10mm :D Slowly working the bugs out :(
    It's a Glunk, after all... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. Hope it all goes well.
    I have the ghost ring sight on mine. I love it.

Me me know what size punches you use if you get a chance.

6. greg_r

CF380 is now a C9. Very easy conversion, just took a few minutes. The pins are 5/32 and 5/64. Changed out the firing pin and springs. The 380 had a hollow firing pin and 2 springs. The 9mm had a plastic tube that fit over the firing pin and one spring. Dont know which setup is better, but i liked the one that was on the 380 better.Hand cycled some dummy rounds well.

Will try to shoot it next weekend if the boss's daughter's wedding don't get in the way.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  7. Glad to hear it went well.
    Thanks for the punch info.
    Did you take everything off the gun? Grips, mag catch and safety parts? And separate it fomm the bare frame. Or just pull the slide off?

8. greg_r

Just the slide. Everything was easy to get to.