New Stallad JS-9 ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by bri7590, Oct 20, 2014.

1. bri7590

bri7590 Member

Hi guys just got my gun back from Hi point today and was curious if anyone else had had this happen to them. I sent them in a beater police auction all black JS-9 and I got back a new Stallard JS-9 in chrome. I wonder if it was new old stock or a remanufacture.

Attached Files:

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Your the 2nd guy in 2 weeks that has received a NEW JS-9???

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/f273/stallard-js-9-repair-status-311348/

3. JH45

JH45 Member

Wow!!!!!!!!

4. bri7590

bri7590 Member

Not too bad for twenty bucks lol .

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Look like you got the deal of the year.:eek:

6. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Dang!!! Great deal! Gotta love MoM!

7. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Amazing. When did they quit making Stallards?

8. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Everyone got and old Stallard???

9. Uh-oh. Now Macho Melvin's gonna be hunting down beat up Stallards so he can return it for a chrome one - and check another one off his collection list! :)

The one I sent in appeared to have been a flat gripped model (the grips were missing). When I called Mom to get parts to fix it up, I was told I needed to send it in - and I got a chrome one back. But a few months earlier I sent in a curved grip Stallard, and it came back fully refurbed. Not sure why one was swapped and the other wasn't - really the only difference was the age of the pistol; condition-wise they both looked the pretty much same.. ????

10. JH45

JH45 Member

With three different manufacturing facilities making several different models over the last 20 years all with possible different policies and procedures; the scenarios are endless.

I asked the same question and received several different and detailed answers.

My guess: Because of the anti gang initiative and political environment at the time and chrome models were perceived as “flashy” and “bling”, so they were mothballed. This theory goes right out the window as soon as someone posts their new blue JS-9.

11. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Very possible that they were held back to be used as replacements for warranty work. Personally, I doubt very seriously that the criminal element would be seeking warranty work.