Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my mom/pop source, the new stock 995s will be released NEXT WEEK. This is according to a dealer that deals with MKS and Hi-Point directly, and said that he cannot restock the "old" 995's because Hi-Point has stopped producing them. Next week is the release, and yes, he already has my order in.

Being that he is in Central Ohio, and that everything else he has told me has been on the up-and-up, I believe that he is telling me exactly what he was told. Does it mean that he was told reliable info? I don't know, but I can tell you this- Dunham's, Vance's, Buckeye Outdoors, and Ohio Valley are OUT of Carbines, and all are told that they don't know when they are getting more in, whereas they usually know since they are in the same state as where the guns are made!!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Interesting....could the 4595 be far behind?

*Runs to his bank to start double checking funds!!!

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just going to buy another one. Screw trying to go through the hassle of getting just a stock. It's not like you can ever have too many HPs!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think I know where there's one more old-style plain-jane iron sight 995 in the neighborhood. I dunno, I like the fugly "Planet of the Apes" look. I may snap that one up while I still can. I was holding out for a 4095, but haven't seen one in eons.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm not sure if I like the new stock. I'm really not a fan of having rails on every exposed surface of a firearm. I'll stick with factory for a while longer while ruminating on the ATI.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Funny... NO ONE else I know of knows of such a thing (and I know a few interesting people).

But, I suppose in a week we will know the truth.

I'm just curious who your "mom/pop source" is. That's just me.

·
Si vis pacem para bellum
548 Posts
What does your source say about the 4095 new stock? I have a 995 but have been waiting for a 4095 with the new stock.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I'm not sure if I like the new stock. I'm really not a fan of having rails on every exposed surface of a firearm.
I kinda agree with you, but as I was looking at this just now, a thought hit me: there's rail, and there's exposed barrel, but there's no heat shield. I wonder if this may have been done not only to be 'tacticool', but also to drop one characteristic mentioned in ban legislation.

G

·
LOL i bought the ATI stock last nite..my plan is to have the 9mm carbine with the ati stock and get a 40cal with hi-points new stock

Can Anyone help me with info on a FFL dealer that has a 40cal in stock? all i need is there phone number ill do the rest..thanks !

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm still a little (okay, a lot) pessimistic. I'll believe it when I see it :straight:
Would you believe it if you saw it at the 2009 ShotShow?
No, not really. I've been following this stock for a long, long time. I've also followed all the false promises. Seeing a prototype at a show doesn't prove to me that they're going to have them in large numbers at this point in time. I'll "believe it" when I can call them up and place my order.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Just called hi-point. The woman said she doesn't know when they are coming out. Lies!
Can't say I didn't see that coming. I think they gave her a little flash card 2 years ago on how to answer that sole question. "Sorry--we don't have a release date set, yet." Rattle it off, rattle it off...

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
According to my mom/pop source, the new stock 995s will be released NEXT WEEK. This is according to a dealer that deals with MKS and Hi-Point directly, and said that he cannot restock the "old" 995's because Hi-Point has stopped producing them. Next week is the release, and yes, he already has my order in.

Being that he is in Central Ohio, and that everything else he has told me has been on the up-and-up, I believe that he is telling me exactly what he was told. Does it mean that he was told reliable info? I don't know, but I can tell you this- Dunham's, Vance's, Buckeye Outdoors, and Ohio Valley are OUT of Carbines, and all are told that they don't know when they are getting more in, whereas they usually know since they are in the same state as where the guns are made!!
Hope you are right, or you will have the title of super douche.

just kidding

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

hope y i hope you are right, or you will have the title of super douche.

just kidding
Well, to quote myself: "I believe that he is telling me exactly what he was told. Does it mean that he was told reliable info? I don't know, but I can tell you this- Dunham's, Vance's, Buckeye Outdoors, and Ohio Valley are OUT of Carbines, and all are told that they don't know when they are getting more in, whereas they usually know since they are in the same state as where the guns are made!!"

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am all for you guys getting ready for the new 995's....that means you will all want to sell me your ATI stocks for dirt cheap and i can keep my original 995 and be happy!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts