Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a new to me Tec 22 that I just took out to the shooting range and was wanting advice as to why it keeps jamming? I managed to get a streak of 6 shots in a row and almost got kicked out for "rapid fire"... does any one else here have one of these? I had to get one because of what they look like and that they will be banned... they are super cheap to shoot compared to my AK-47 or Glock 23... it shoots 22LR and I got the big box of hollow points which I plan on changing next time to the range... I cleaned it and oiled all moving parts well... but it seems to eject the casings to the left into the gun and I have to take it apart to remove instead of ejecting to the right out of the gun... any advice on 10/22 clips? I'm using shooters ridge clip which I may change out to butler creek... thanks

·
Premium Member
876 Posts

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
butler creek steel lips mags seem to fix the majority of the feeding problems. also use hihgpower ammo like stingers, velocitors or other high velocity ammo, the extra energy seems to help. also they can take upwards of 1000 rounds to break in.

SW

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I had one with the threaded barrel, I sold it because of the jamming problems and hardly any replacement parts to be found, I sold it pretty cheap too, I think I only asked $250, the threaded ones sell sometimes upwards of $500.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
As SW said, I'd go with a Butler Creek steel lip mag. That's the only thing my 10/22 will use reliably, I'd assume that the Tec-22 would like them as well. Federal makes some high power .22 ammo that's made for semi autos that mine like better than the cheap stuff. If the mag alone doesn't do the trick, try some of that ammo and see how you do.

Congrats on the Tec-22 BTW, I'd really like to have one of those, I'm sure they are a lot of fun to shoot!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Wow, had one of those back in the day. Didn't know they were worth quite that much. MIne would jam on every mag, til i changed to Ramline mags. Then i put one of the old Hellfire systems on it and had a ball!

P.S. i did have to use copper jacket round nose ammo like CCI mini mags to get it to work also. It did not like Hollow Points at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.