New to forum and a couple of mods

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Jim_Stumpf, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Jim_Stumpf

Jim_Stumpf Member

Hello from a new member with a 9mm carbine. I live in NE Ohio and picked up a new Hi Point from a dealer recently. I had been to the range with a friend's in the past and enjoyed shooting the gun. We can hit a six inch steel plate at 100 yards using the iron sites, what fun. (Not what it is made for but fun none the less). I will post a couple of pictures, if I can figure it out, of a couple of recent add on's. The first is a vertical foregrip with laser and 250 lumen light,$45 on ebay. Because of the foregrip batteries I needed a place to store my hi point tool including wrenches small enough to adjust the laser (left them at home on site-in day because my regular set of wrenches is not small enough to adjust the laser, I will never leave home without them again). The tool box is 2 cannibalized cheap'o flashlights and a section of bicycle inner tube. The last item is an old ultralux 4*20 scope. I received the scope years ago in a trade and never had a use for it until now, I think these scopes are popular with the AK crowd and fits the gun very well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!

3. Grant

Grant Member

Welcome to the forum.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    What is it made for?

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the asylum nice setup.

6. Jim_Stumpf

Jim_Stumpf Member

Always thought of a 9 mm carbine as most useful at closer ranges. I think of my 22 wmr or my 223 as 100-200 plus yard guns. Was sort of an off the cuff comment and not a commentary on the hardware, I was just pleasantly surprised that we could consistently hit the target at that distance with a pistol round and iron sights.

Thanks,

Jim

7. cicpup

Vermont
    Oh OK. Well we all have our opinions.

But I meant what was the six inch steel plate made for?

8. Jim_Stumpf

Jim_Stumpf Member

oops:)

The plate was made to shoot, it is a piece of 1/2 thick scrap from the fabrication shop where my daughter's boyfriend works. We bent rebar into stands and hang the plate as reactive targets. I have a 6" and 8" that we set up at the range. Painted bright orange it is easily sighted and adds some variety to just shooting paper.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  9. cicpup

Vermont
    Wow, You walked right into that one with your arms outstretched. I like you. I hope you have thick skin.

10. Jim_Stumpf

Jim_Stumpf Member

Thanks Rich. I am visiting here from the amateur boat building forums, now there is an opinionated group.
    My summer time obsession is boatbuilding and sailing.
    [​IMG]

Thanks to all the folks that have welcomed me here and I better get of the web for the afternoon and get some work done.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the kingdom

12. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That would be the death of me...... Forming pieces of wood into boat shaped craft.... Yeah, stress induced heart attack in about fifteen minutes.

13. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

14. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Not what it is made for

Mine was made to see how fast people can run. :D

15. That scope looks perfect on there.

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I used to crew in races on a 24 foot San Juan on a lake in Oregon, actually got certified in Germany on the Laser class. I LOVE sailing....but haven't done it for many years.:(

Building a boat? I might be able to do a submarine...if re-surfacing wasn't required.:cool:

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

My guns seem to be made to convert my limited hobby budget into hot empty brass and otherwise worthless holes in stuff downrange. :p

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

18. Jim_Stumpf

Jim_Stumpf Member

How true, how true. Very fuuny

19. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

FIRST OFF, THIS IS YOUR FIRST FORUM WELCOME FROM THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!* :D:D

But think of all the stress you killed with them flying boolits!! ;)

* Running contest between another member, PlanoSteve, and I as to who can be the first to greet a new member. :cool:

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

recoil therapy :p

Sailing is a wonderful thing as long as you have wind.