New to forum and Hi Point

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by pipermac, Dec 21, 2014.

1. pipermac

pipermac Member

Hi folks - just picked up my first Hi Point carbine in 9mm. Cant wait to get it to the range to try it out. Couple of questions though, I am getting 2 dots on the BSA red dot that came with the carbine. Is this a battery issue? Another question - I usually break down and clean my firearms before using the first time, is this required for these as well? There does not seem to be the shipping grease on this as is on other manufactures. These questions have probably been beat to death on here but I could not find them in the forum search. Thanks in advance.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Quite the opposite. They're rather dry. Blast it out with some rem-oil to remove any metal flakes and slick it up a bit.

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

First welcome to the forum. And no you should not be getting two dots on your red dot. Try swapping out the battery and if you still getting 2 dots there is a problem with the scope.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Wanna try that again in English?

5. planosteve

Having wifi issue on my phone at work and it took forever to edit my voice input.

6. pipermac

pipermac Member

Thanks for the replies. I will change out the battery today and give the carbine a good swab out/lube job. Hopefully the battery change out will work. Last night I had 1 dot when I pulled it out of the box and turned it on but after mounting it today it had 2. BTW - I do understand speach to text AND auto correct. Its funny how our minds can pick out the meaning of sentences when words are scrambled.

7. planosteve

No worries cic is just giving me grief.

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the nut house

10. planosteve

We are not nuts. We are crazy with a purpose.

11. pipermac

pipermac Member

Update on the 2 dots. I was contacted by BSA and told to try the scope backwards and see if there was one dot. Yup - there was. They said " yeah - sometimes they do that". Umm ok.

12. pipermac

pipermac Member

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

13. Hey neighbor! I too think I know you from some other forum. :D

14. Welcome to the forum Pipermac.

15. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Yse, ti si itesrnetnig taht our mndis nac od taht.

16. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    When they are mounted backwards.....