New to forum

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by brownwater, Dec 18, 2015.

1. brownwater

brownwater Brownwater Member

Good evening,
    Short bio. Vietnam vet from 1970-76. Two tours in Nam. Engineer on a PBR. Yea, dumb enough to want to go back. Didn't make the whole second tour. Medical discharge in 76.
    I just purchased a 995 TS and a 4095 TS to add to my collection.
    Other weapons are:
    Star PD 45
    Kahr PM 9
    Charter Arms .38 undercover
    Star 38 Super
    NAA 22 Magnum

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service!

3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Welcome. Thanks for your Service.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:brownwater!
    Nice List of Hardware!

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

How's the Star run?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Welcome to the NUT house. :D

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Welcome enjoy those new weapons

8. Brown Water Navy?! Seriously - Thank You for your Service & Sacrifice..Welcome and happy shooting! :D

9. brownwater

Thanks for the welcome guys. This is my first time joining a forum and I'm not sure of the protocol. Is there a rules section? Answers to the questions: Both Stars run great! I use 230 gr hp on the 45 and even with an alloy frame it's a soft feeling gun. I've modified the spring and made a new type of recoil buffer. Sweet piece! I've run 1,000's of rounds out of it and have not had any issues. The 38 super kicks like a mule but I love having a 38 magnum. I've modified the pistol to handle the 9x23 Winchester loads. I inadvertently hit the send button before I finished listing my weapons.
    9 mm C9
    .40 JP ( old hi- point)
    White Wing side by side 12 ga
    H&R 20 single
    Revelation 22 LR bolt action (2" grouping at 100 yards)
    I have the Hi-Point pistols for the range and when at home they are located in different parts of the house. I've had many gun snobs tell me they are junk. I reload 9 & 40 and shoot a lot. I have had less FTL issues with them than my friend's Glock's. Yeah they're junk! Of course they aren't carry weapons but the go pow when you want them to!
    Has anyone checked what the max overall length is on the 995TS or the 4095 TS? I'm going to run 147 gr out of the 9 and 180 out of the 40.

10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Your doing fine. Your hate for glunks will serve you well.

11. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
  12. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Welcome to the forum! Obviously your friend is doing something wrong!

13. brownwater

Thanks for the rules section! I don't hate Glocks just don't like someone passing judgement. Are Glocks good weapons? Yes! Are Hi-points good weapons? Yes, just different. I think it's all about finding value in something. Can I afford a Glock? Yes. Do I find value in it? No. Do you have something to serve a purpose or how it makes you look to someone else? Sorry for the rant but be your own man! And by the way my friend was more upset than I was about his FTL. It was his ammo. EVERYTHING has faults ( Except JESUS).
    Thanks,
    Merry Christmass

14. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

We're watching you... Well, Mole is, he's a bit of a perv.

Welcome to the asylum. We've all had an issue with breaking a rule or two around here so don't sweat it right off the bat. I broke so many they put me in charge! :chicken:

We don't judge based on the size or manufacturer of the gun collection. Just being a gun enthusiast gets you in the door. Although I did just buy my woman a G19 last night for Christmas.

Strangest thing though. Glocks were "on sale" but the Hi Points were all over-priced for my area. $200+ for the handguns, and $300+ for the carbines. They did have muddy girl and digital desert versions mixed in the the evil black ones. The real surprise was the fact that they had the mags for sale cheaper than factory.

Had a guy start running his mouth about hi points while I was talking to the owner and son about them. His BGC finished while he was lipping off and I laughed at him. Told him he shouldn't be bad mouthing a gun for being cheap when all he could afford for Christmas was a new 870. The whole shop erupted with laughter and he stormed out.

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    He Shoots, He SCORES!!! :rofl:

16. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

Welcome to the site. But there is one rule on here, You have to be a good looker like me.:D

17. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to our little forum (where the women are awesome and the men are scared). LMAO! Hope you enjoy yourself.

18. histed

histed Supporting Member

Welcome Home - and to this jungle. Had a Star M43 Firestar years back - shoulda kept it. How you like the Charter?

19. histed

histed Supporting Member

Only some of the men. Rest of us just respect our....betters :p

20. ndindy

ndindy Member

I've been on forums since the BBS days (google it 'newbies' ) :laugh: and have been on a dozen gun forums, pilots, skydivers, every type of vehicle etc etc etc. I have eclectic hobbies and there's not a lot I haven't done.

Pretty much every forum has very similar rules.

1. Don't be douche

2. Keep conversations more or less civil (see rule 1) and in the appropriate area. So the carbine section would be a poor place to talk about the rash on your left foot.

3. Search instead of ask, and don't get all douchy if you ask and people refer you to the search function. Not sure about this one, but if you're on my jeep forums, there's almost no tech question you can ask that hasn't been asked and answered roughly 1 billion times and people are tired of typing the exact same info over and over again. So search.

4. Hit the 'stickies' at the top of most forum lists and you'll find the actual rules for that board.

5. Develop a thick skin. There is a distinct downside in the written word. Things that may read as offensive in text may have been 100% enjoyable if we were sitting at the same table and BS'ing. Always assume you're reading it wrong when you're getting irritated. Personally if I'm going to be insulting when I type something, there's not a lot of ambiguity involved :laugh:

Other than that, have fun. You can't get into a more diverse conversation than when you're talking with people from all over the world with all levels of experience.

personally, it's a lot quicker to list the calibers I own rather than remember what each one is. For handguns, I'm a glock fan and own several. I own quite a few others as well :) I *used* to shoot about 1k rounds of .40 a month, + about 1k of .223, and a bunch of 12ga for work. Plus rifle calibers for hobbies etc, not so much anymore.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015