New to Hi-Point and a Carbine

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by JeffF64, Jun 9, 2015.

1. JeffF64

JeffF64 Member

I purchase a 995TS about a month ago. Made a couple modifications already, getting a longshot, long rail and put a set of cheap flip up iron sights on it (it’s what I had, need to purchase something a little better for backup sights) with a red dot and flip to side 3x magnifier. First time out to shoot it was Saturday and all went very well, ran a magazine of ammo through it then started to adjust iron sights 9 rounds later I was hitting center mass about a 3 inch grouping at 25 yards, so on to the red dot, that took about 9-12 rounds also, then just ran about 150 rounds through it. Had a great day and really enjoy shooting this little carbine was able to hit what I aimed at well for shooting off hand, probably try to take a bi-pod or a couple sandbags and tighten up my zero the next time I get a chance to go shooting, as I just used a table to prop my elbow on and held the carbine so I think I can tighten It up some more. I didn’t notice any cheek slap, or maybe I was just having too much fun and did not notice this, as I have read a few threads were people complained about that. Enjoy getting on this forum and just reading some of the threads and the advice from you all.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    The medical term for your love of Hi Points is called ADDICTION?

3. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

You will like the gun the more you shoot it. :D

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It sounds like you had a good first session with your new carbine! Welcome aboard, and we hope that you continue to enjoy it.

5. 0311

0311 Member

Welcome to the jungle. Plenty of info here. Love my carbines, ( 9mm & 45 ).

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Enjoy it their fun to shoot.