new to hi point and forum

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by aaronp34, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Hello all, just ordered the jcp 40, I know all the little tweeks that need done. Was wondering what accessories will fit. Really just want a TAC light. Figured I've always bought expensive arms, cheaper one does same thing. Shot my bros c9 great gun so ordered the 40 and 4 mags, drop leg holster and dual mag belt clip. Now just need TAC light so any suggestions be welcome thanks.

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Asylum. I'm sure one of our resident whack jobs, I mean members, will be by shortly to help you out with the tac light question.

3. Thank you lol. I've been reading the forum for couple days now. Everyone seems cool, and if they are crazy well I'll fit right in.

4. Rachgier

5. I went clear back to 2013 in that forum without finding much useful, but thanks for suggestion.

6. Rachgier

Not a surprise. I have enough trouble finding posts from this year. Let me see if I can dig something up.

7. Got to say felt really weird buying a 40,holster,4mags for less than 200$ really hope it works out. I've seen a lot of the upgrades people have done on here to dress them up. Cheapest pistol ever bought, second to my feg pmk 380 but it was 280 just the gun.

8. Rachgier

That's the best part about a hi point. You can buy the full kit and still have enough money in your pocket to pick up ammo.

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Probably none. Shoot it first.

10. About that. Everything I've read or watched says do not use the cheap stuff ie:tula. Any opinions? Thinking of using hornady 185g personal defense.

11. My C9 and 995 eat Tula just fine. Feed it some!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  12. Rachgier

I don't have the pistol, but my 4095 eats everything I feed it. Commercial, reloads, brass, steel, Speer, WWB, the works.

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Where do people find this nonsense? Buy inexpensive ammo and have fun. If you find something it doesn't like, put it aside. After it breaks in (a few hundred or thousand rounds) go back to it. It'll probably devour it then.

14. Rachgier

Meh, it's probably people looking to far in to the statement HP makes in their manual to use "high quality commercially manufactured ammunition in good condition."

15. OK cool on the ammo, now the important question is the TAC light lol. I seen an ncstar one that fits glock but also buttons down good on hi point 40. The guy showed how solid it was by hitting on table, broke the light but it never moved lol

16. Rachgier

Did you check out that link I PM'ed you?

17. No lol didn't know I had a pm sry still getting use to the forum layout. Will check now

18. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Try different ammo and use the one you like and you'll have yours broke in and true in no time.
    The good news is it'll shoot whatever you feed it once its broke in , not like those more expensive Diva types firearms name brands.

As for your light it depends on if you want a light or sumthang tacitacool!
    Tacitacool always cost more but hey its your barbie you dress her anyway you want to.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  19. Haha I like that. Fact is I have quite a few that have been dressed up way beyond their needs. Most recent was my 700 sps TAC 338. Almost caused a divorce on that one lol. When wife found out I spent well over 3 grand on a gun that cost 900