New to Hi-Point but not to firearms

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by jeanp1948, Jan 29, 2008.

1. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 Guest

I'm new to the forum. I just bought my first Hi-Point semi auto, a C9 in 9mm. I had observed Hi-Points in the pits I use to shoot at until I got my own personal field from a farmer friend. I had bought a Makarov, a Norinco (Tokarev) 9mm, a S&W model 10-6, etc. So I bought my first NEW semi with the C9. No weather to shoot yet as we are under a couple of feet of snow where I live. It will be mid-April before I can drive to my shooting field. I am a retired police chief of Fairfield, Maine, a small town in central Maine. I retired after 25 years in 1999 after joining as a patrol officer in 1974. I collect WW2 military pistols and rifles, a Mauser, 2 Mosins, .303 Enfield, etc. People who shot with me had many types of Hi-Points. Not one complained about their guns. Only one had a magazine problem, sent it back and works great with 2 spare magazines for his troubles. I would buy the carbine but it's so ugly looking, heh, heh. Thanks for having me,

jeanp1948[/list]

2. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Glad to have you. and welcome.

the carbines are wetre the real fun is.

3. Thay will never be good looking ,I wouldn't want a pretty gun just a good one.Get one of those ugly ones and join the crowd.
    now you are part of the family.
    WELCOME!

4. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Hey I beg to differ I think I am very good looking. Besides My wife says so. :)

5. The carbines are really fun to shoot, dont let the looks fool you.

6. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 Guest

I just stated they were ugly, I never said I did not LIKE ugly, he, heh!!
    I got some pretty ugly guns, I own two Mosins don't I????

jeanp1948

(1) C9 Hi-Point
    (0) Hi-Point (future purchase)

7. i, too, am new to hi points. never heard of them till a month or so ago. i instantly liked them. the feel, the heft, all of it.

8. AHEM, lets be nice to the Mosins, ok? ;) LOL

9. The hi-point 45 and 40 ain't good lookin either but they are the best shooting guns I own and I own 20 hand guns.
    I'm going to buy a 995 when I get my tax return. My wife wants a bush master but I talked her into a new ring and a hi-point :)

10. Thay, get a grip. You believe that nonsense???? :lol: :lol:

jeanp - first, welcome and sincerely, thank you for your service to our community. It means a great deal to many of us here.

As you've learned in about 10 posts, we're not your normal bunch - we're here to help and here to support and raze each other. Respect is the word of the day, so pull up a stump and join on in.

11. You have never seen a copy of the wives handbook have you my friend? They are required by law to tell you that! :roll: :lol:

12. my .45 jhp doesn't look all that different than my old ruger p97...
    (at least as well as i can remember!). i like that blocky look.

13. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 Guest

If I didn't love Mosins I wouldn't have two, heh, heh

jeanp1948

14. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 Guest

jeanp - first, welcome and sincerely, thank you for your service to our community. It means a great deal to many of us here.

I can tell you the pleasure was all mine. I have shot just about every make of sidearm in my 25 years of police work, but Hi-Point is the best buy for the money!! Anybody from Maine on the forum????

jeanp1948

15. I hear you there. I have 4 MNs and 4 Turkish Long Mausers, and its hard for me to decide which I like best

16. jeanp1948

jeanp1948 Guest

I've got 2 Mosins, 1 Turk Mauser, 1 Enfield (1917), and other rifles and pistols. I love my old Turk the best except for the sights! The Mosins got it beat with better sights.

17. Maybe its because my eyes are getting bad, but I do about the same with them both. I do have 2 tartgets hanging on the wall in my bedroom, one done with a Mauser at 100 yds, the other with a MN at 100 yds and both are covered around the bullseye.

Gotta love them old rifles and surplus ammo thats as old as they are!