Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got my 1st Hipoint pistol, a 45 cal. Nice guns, especially the price! I looked at others, and got the feeling you end up paying 2-3 times more for the name (IMO). Most people at the local range told me HP's were junk, but they all had the very high dollar guns and were a little biased to say the least. The funny part was while shooting next to a guy with a Kimber, we had almost the same groups! His were about a half inch smaller, but for the money he should put every bullet in the same hole! The B/S stopped when I pulled out my hunting handgun, a Ruger Super Redhawk, 9.5 barrel with my B&L scope on it and started shooting at 100 yards. No more rude comments!!! Has anyone ever found a red dot mount that will go on a 45? I'm not a big fan of lasers and most of the ones I've seen don't show up in daylight. Thanks for any insight, cheers--Chet

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi and welcome to HPFF.

You are right about HPs being as good as any other.
I think most of us here are like you and have some hi dollar pistolas.

But my saying is, Hi price does not make a quality gun.
Performance makes a quality gun.
Hi Point makes a quality gun at a good price.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
You'll enjoy your JHP45 alot. Just keep feeding it because they get very hungry. It is a great gun and as long as it suits you then that is all it needs to suite.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howdy!
I am new here myself, LOVE the Hi-Point line. I havd a C9, just picked up a CF380 off layaway this weekend, and the .40 and .45 are on layaway as well. Fortunately, my favorite shooting emporium does not seep to have trouble keeping them in stock.

The pistols are very impressive, and reasonably priced, nice to see a fine American product.

Bob
NE Alabama

·
Registered
11 Posts
:welcome:
Yes, Hi Point makes a reliable pistol (I trust it with my life), yes it is accurate, yes it is VERY fairly priced, but what blows me away is the warranty. I do not mean to gloss over the first three points, but a few hundred rounds will prove to you that it is a quality American made gun at an amazing price. The thing is, I am am sure that a lot of Hi Point owners seldom call about their guns, but when (and if) you do need to, you will be thoroughly impressed with the level of customer service. I would like to see many more companies out there stand behind their product like Hi Point does.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've eliminated all Wal-marts 45 acp stock in this area (lol) don't laugh, I drove about 100 miles this past weekend to buy .380 (my wife's HP) and 45's. These sizes are hard to find-reasonably-priced! At one snobby dealer I went to he tried to push me into the higher dollar pistols. It was a little funny when I asked if it had adjustable sights (NO), if it had a lifetime warranty forever no matter who owned it (NO), and if it somehow fired the bullit in a different manner on it's way to the target (again NO), being a machinist for 30 years I CAN look at something and tell it's well made and some are a lot better looking- but looks alone don't get the job done. Cheers--Chet

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome: Bourbon

Congrats on the JHP 45 and yes ther are a quality made gun I love all my Hipoint's you wont be dissapointed!!!
But Remember.................

Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

My assistant, Leland, will be by to dole out the meds. :sleezy:

Go Here and read. A compilation of my own compiling.

·
Registered
222 Posts

I am sure very soon you will have too many HP's to count on one hand! I know i have doubled my collection since joining this forum!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I too am a recently inflicted HP addict! :cantlook: It started with the c9 moved on to the 995 the will soon include the JHP! I too, appreciate the quality and service. I liked the questions you asked the snoot. :D I have to agree there is no cure :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
i love shooting my JHP Welcome. Save your brass, you will sacrifice this brass to the forum members as an initiation into the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts