Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this is a great sight and this is my first post I am not totally new to HPs since I have the HP 995 for several years and have used it more than any other firearm in the safe. We where at a gun show last weekend looking for the wife a new pistol she had sold her 380 and kinda wished she hadn't so we were looking for a new one for her. I couldn't believe the prices the same 380 we bought 2 years ago was now almost $200 more.
It was was looking grim for use to find her another handgun just before we were getting ready to leave my eye caught the three HPs at the end of the table after finding the wife (she was off Looking at the clothes) we first looked at the .40 .45 I kinda fell in love with the .45 I am an old army guy and have always loved the .45 punch. She liked them both and was thinking of getting the .45 but I was worried it was kinda big for her she has small hands and cocking this big pistol might be a problem.
So leaving the show she had decided thats what she wanted we both got our permits and called the place that was at the show he had sold all three of his HPs at the end of the show :'(. She started looking around we stopped at were we usually go to shoot and asked about the HPs I usually only deal with one guy but they were really busy so the guy we got which started to bash the HPs with no remorse and tried to sell her an $800 handgun we told him that was out of our range and that was that but he said he doesn't sell HP junk :mad:.
So on the way home she said lets go to where he deceased father used to buy his stuff a little Sports store Up in St Charles Mi it isn't the cheapest place but they have always treated us well. They did have two HPs a .45 and a 9mm she first handle the 45 but then the 9mm which fit her hand much better the guy said they weren't the most pretty gun out there but were great shooters and of all the years he has sold the HPs he has only sent two back and they were fixed for no charge and there was really fast turn around. Well we walked out of there with both guns and 100 rnds of ammo half of what the other guy was trying to sell at the other place.
We have only put a few rounds through the wife's gun she has to work on charging the gun but she likes how it shoots and how it handles and she did hit the target a few times she also shot my 45 which is alittle to much gun for her but in a pinch she could do it. I have put almost 50 rounds through mine and I must have gotten lucky this is the first firearm that was sighted in and I had to make no adjustments at all to it at 35 yards i am hitting the target mass well. I let my friend shoot it he is a hard core taurus man and he was impressed with it and said he might just go out and buy one.
I cant see how some people can run the guns down yes they are alittle bulky yes they are not the best looking one on the block but as far as quality and function they are great and for the price you cant beat it not everybody can afford a $800 handgun.
I applad the HI-Point people and cant wait to see what is next from them and buy the way I have the .40 ordered and should be here in a few day.
Thanks for ready my rant.
Dave & Anna T.
MI.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! I hope you enjoy your H-Ps as much as I do.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
:welcome:

It is hard to find a bargain/value these days... With the exception of Hi-Point.

Again, Welcome!

Charlie

·
Registered
128 Posts
And the icing on the cake will be if you ever talk to the folks at HP. It is hard to imagine nowadays actually talking to someone who speaks English clearly and who gives the impression that they really enjoy chatting with you. Most of my other customer service calls seem to end up in the hands of someone who just moved here from New Deli and is not pleased that you interrupted their coffee break with your questions. The folks at HP are doing what American manufacturers all used to do. I have a CF 380 for carry and a JCP 40 for nightstand use and love these inexpensive guns. I too have had the occasional word "junk" used in reference to HP's, but when you consider the source is usually someone who has never shot one, much less owned one; or is a gun shop salesman who makes very little commission on low-priced weapons, it is a predictable response. I quit arguing with these folks and just smile and leave to buy elsewhere, with the knowledge that "I" am the smarter of the two.

My wife, a competition revolver shooter, who has small and arthritic hands & hates semi-autos, carries a $400 Taurus Ultra Lite 38 sp 5 shot because she is familiar with fast shooting a wheel gun. However, she readily admits the HP's seem to be the best bang for the buck.

Remember the song "What ever Lola wants - Lola gets" and your wife will be happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts