Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been kinda lurking in the forums for awhile and just picked up a 995TS. I dunno how much I'll be around the forums as I'm a truck driver but I will say if I like my 995ts real well I'll be picking up for stuff from hi point in the future. I'd like a 4595 whenever it is made (lol) but I might get a C9 in the future just as a gun I don't have to worry about much and can throw in a tackle box or something. I like the fact that hi point seems to really care about their customers and give A1 service to them and make serviceable firearms that a working man can afford to own. But anyhow I own quite afew other guns, mostly rugers.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Welcome to the forum from TN. Lots to see and learn from the nice folks here.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, ironically I ended up over here from youtube and it seems that theres alot of people who prolly never shot a gun on there who like to bash hi points, the mantra usually is "piss on them go glock" well you look at their profile on there and usually their like 17 or 18 years old and I doupt own a glock. The gun shop I go the owner says he has over 200 guns, he has some real expensive guns, alot of collector types, well he also owns a 995. His exact words are "I own alota guns... I don't own a glock. I'm not impressed by them and think there is alot of hype". That's why when I have a question on guns I look to this man among others is his opinions are not clouded by stereotypes. So far I like my 995TS though I haven't shot it very much but as I do I'll keep posting my opinions on it and if I like it real well I'm sure I'll be a regular customer.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I don't have a 995 yet but do own a C9 and JHP. Both pistols have performed flawlessly for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah he had acouple C9 and a bunch of 40 and 45 cal. up there. Afew in 380. He's got a buttload of 995 old style for 169. Took the 995 TS to the gun show and one guy wanted it but thought 230 was to high. I picked it up off from him. Wanted it when he got it in but when I went up there acouple months ago he had a 10/22 from the factory with a tapco stock for like 250 and I'd of been stupid not to get that, I was wanting a 22 rifle for a long time. I wouldn't mind a 45 pistol but 45 is so dang expensive to shoot so if I get a hand gun from HP it'll prolly be a C9.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I want a 995 bad and would jump at a price like that. I'm not all fired up about the new stock.

The 45 is expensive to shoot for sure. I got into reloading just so I could afford to shoot mine.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I like the new stock, I held both of them and the new stock for me just felt better seemed to have a better balance but I had every intention of getting the old stock till I seen the new ones and got a chance to hold it. I like the abundance of rails on it, in the future I might get one of the carbines in .45 if it ever comes out. To me that would make a great house defense gun with rail space to mount flashlights and a laser. Maybe a forward grip. Who knows if it'll ever come out though I got the impression that it's been in the works for awhile. But yeah his prices are real reasonable esp in this day and age. He has the C9 for 150 I think the Cf380 is at like 110 or 120. The full size guns were both I think 170 or so.

·
Registered
855 Posts
:welcome: from Lancaster Ohio!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.