New to me JH .45

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by BigRed96, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BigRed96

BigRed96 Member

Hello everyone,

This is my first Hi-Point pistol and I took it in on a trade. I'm wondering about the age and if the current Hi-Point manual for the .45 applies to the JH. Are their newer pistols metal framed? I believe that this one is although I can't get a magnet to stick to it. Thanks for looking.
    Timmy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. makarovnik

makarovnik Member

That's the old aluminum frame. I actually prefer that design over the new polymer. The old style is better balanced and it takes the short magazine. Yours looks like it's in excellent shape. Good choice.

3. it looks more like the "traditional" gun than the new one. as for the frame? i had a ruger p97 with polymer frame and it was great. i doubt the hew jhp with the polymer frame will become an issue...IMHO, of course.

4. I like that desighn better than the new one by a lot.

5. Hmm, I do like the look of that a bit better than the new JHP. I just hate the mag release on the bottom of the mag well. Good find!

6. I have shot some of the older metal frame .380's and 9mm's, I like my polymer frame C9 better.

Your JH looks to be in great shape! Beemiller will still service the older models under the same lifetime warranty, so if it gives you any issues dont hesitate to call Beemiller and arrange to send it in for an overhaul.

7. bigmikelaw

bigmikelaw Guest

Nice! Congrats on your "new" old Hi-Point. I too recently got my hands on an older JH 45. I put 100 rounds through her last Saturday. I'm no marksman, but for not having shot in over 23 years I got a few bulls-eyes at 20 yards. It fed her 50 rounds of Fiocchi 230 gr FMJ and another 50 of Wolf FMJ. I had two of the wolf casings stovepipe on me, but I think that was me as it was on the last mag and I think I limpwristed.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the pic quality. I dressed the old girl up with a Hogue Handall grip. Tonight I polished the feedramp according to instructions on this site. http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=756&highlight=polish+feedramp
    What a pain. It was harder to get the slide on than to take it off. Anyone know any tricks to keep the slide retainer pin lined up when putting the slide back on? That was the hardest thing. I wish I would have taken some pics. I'll probably do it again after I put some more rounds through it. I'll have to make it a point to post some pics.

8. Chayce

Chayce Member

I love your grips, where can I get grips like yours?

9. how do you do

thats Great thanks