Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.I have been a Hi Point fan for a lil while now.I have 2 C9s and love them.Well I recently purchased a 995 carbine and have a question.I really do not like the peep sights.How do I attach a Red Dot Scope? The rifle doesnt look to have any rail of any type on it.Also there is some mounting screws under the compensator at the end of the barrel is there some kind of mount to put there for a laser? Looking to having fun plinking with the new toy. Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
It should have come with a Weaver rail kit in the box. You take the iron sites off and put the weaver kit on. Then can put any red dot on that has weaver mounts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Aye - a weaver mount in the box, it's true. But -

You will have to take the receiver shroud off to be able to fasten the rail. The allen head screws to not screw directly into the receiver shroud. They screw into a metal retainer that seats under the receiver shroud. I hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I recently purchased a NIB 995 w/compensator, laser, and strap. The laser bracket mounts to the compensator, (and can be purchased from Hi-Point assessories) and the mounting kit is easy to adapt. Like WCoyote said,,, I used loc-tite on the screws, then mounted a Tasco Red Dot, waiting on a set of (tractiongrips) for the handle, then will camo (stock only) in Jungle camo. Haven't had a chance to get out yet, (to cold for a old guy) but have 200 rds of Rem UMC's and 100 rds WWB, to break it in with, got the shipping gunk out of it as much as possible, then cleaned and relubed with Hornady's One Shot, and some Rem oil. Will post a range report and a pic when it is all put together. Jim <><

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CAlled Hi Point today they said the could not sell me a scope rail BUT could ship one fo free.Man what a great company. Thanks Hi Point

·
Registered
586 Posts
so you have to trash your iron sights to put a scope on? not sure I like that.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
You don't trash them, you just replace the front sight with the weaver rail.
Most people who put on a scope or red dot aren't going to use the iron sights anyway so what's the difference.
They are easy enough to put back on if you change your mind.

·
Registered
586 Posts
You don't trash them, you just replace the front sight with the weaver rail.
Most people who put on a scope or red dot aren't going to use the iron sights anyway so what's the difference.
They are easy enough to put back on if you change your mind.
well, I realize you dont literally[tt][/tt] trash them....it's more of a jeff cooper-ese SHTF perspective...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts