Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SCAR Owner...sorta
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Texas. Just joined the forum here today. I do not currently own a Hi Point firearm but I have been researching them for the last week and I think I would like to check them out in person! I have my CHL and currently own a Ruger P85, Colt M1911A and a Beretta Mod70(.380). I learned to shoot years back with my dads 357 Ruger Super Blackhawk.

So i'm wondering if there is anyone else here in the Houston area and if anyone knows of a (west side) dealer that is stocking the Hi Point guns. I'm interested in both a pistol and a carbine (as I currently do not own a rifle)

happy to be here!

·
SCAR Owner...sorta
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I was just out running some errands and stopped by the gun shop that is closest to my house. Asked about Hi Points and they guy told me they did not carry them, but would occasionally get a carbine in. He said they are fairly hard to get since they are not in high production.

Maybe I would have better luck at a gun show? There seems to be one every other weekend around here.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
You can check the Hi-Point website & see who they have. It is an incomplete list & you would be better off calling all the pawn & gun shops to see who has them in stock.

·
SCAR Owner...sorta
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a lot of the Pawn Shops here have quit taking/selling handguns. They mostly will have shotguns and some rifles. I looked at the list on the Hi Point page and there is one dealer near a friends house that I be at tomorrow. I'll try to stop by there.

I'll probably call around to some of the other dealers on the list to see if anyone has anything in stock.

I may end up having to buy one from gunauction.com and have it shipped in. I sure would like to see one in person to do a size comparison with my Ruger before purchasing though.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
You may also want to check the members list on the forum and PM somal local guys.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Keep us posted on your progress. We'd like to hear of your experiences.

·
SCAR Owner...sorta
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, a friend and myself trucked across town to the gunshow and proceeded to take a look around. I took my Ruger P85 with me so I could compare it size wise against a HP 9mm should I locate one.

I'll say this right now...if you were a Sig Sauer fanboy, you would have been in heaven at this show. there were easily more Sig's than any other brand there (maybe not, but really, there were a LOT of Sigs.)

Oh, did i mention there were a lot of Sig's? moving on...

The first HP i found was a new 9mm Carbine. $269. I thought it was a pretty good looking gun. I have added it to my wish list.

A couple of tables later I found a well used HP 380 (i'm pretty sure it was used, it certainly did not look new) price tag...$149 yeah right...i might have offered them $75 for it. But it was not what I was hunting for. I did like the size and weight though. It looked like it would be more comfortable to shoot than my Beretta 380. Same table had a new HP .40. $189. Moving on..

FWIW, i didn't see any more carbines at the show. (well, HP carbines anyway)

ONly found onw more Dealer that had HP's. They had the 9mm for $139, the .40 for $149 and the .45 for $159. I compared my Ruger to the 9mm and found it to be slightly more compact and a bit over an inch shorted, which is just what I was looking for. The gun felt good in my hand and seemed to balence well. The weight of it gave it a really solid feel and I think its a pretty nice looking gun.

SO I got out the Visa and my CHL card and I am now the proud owner of a HP 9mm

With sales tax it was $156 out the door, which worked out cheaper then buying online and having it shipped. I picked up a second clip for it from another dealer as well. Unfourtunately, they did not have any of the 10 rounders.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Now, get it to the range!

I think you'll be happy with the accuracy.

This is a great handgun... I have had virtually no problems with mine... And it is very accurate.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
took it to the rage yedterday and put 100 rounds through it. only had 2 feed failures.

not my best grouping
Still, deadly enough, eh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts