New to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by Rabidwookie, May 20, 2020.

1. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

I finally got myself in gear, and got a 995TS. I love this thing. Definitely glad I went with it instead of my other options, and definitely works as “advertised” by those I know that have them. Got a chance to shoot one before I ordered mine, and that made up my mind.

2. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

Was thinking about it, but already got 3 9mm pistols. So it’s kind of a tossup. Lol

undeRGRound likes this.
  3. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

What were the other options?

undeRGRound likes this.
  4. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

Sub 2000, Ruger, and a Beretta. Sub 2000 looks like kid made it out of Legos and some pipe, and wasn't really that comfortable to me. I'm a big guy, with ham hands and sausage fingers, so go figure. The Ruger and Beretta were just 2 damned expensive. I had a chance to shoot a 995TS, and loved it. Loved it more when I saw the price tag. It's got a few minor issues I have to clear up before I got it how I want it.

undeRGRound likes this.
  5. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Yeah, good guns but you can pretty much build an AR9 with that money. Stock HP is less $$$.
    But if you’re going to bling it out you might as well have picked up one of the others.

6. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

True, but not going hog wild. Lol. I got everything I want on it, except a flash suppressor.That came in today, but it didn't have the crush washer, so now I may have to order that and wait ANOTHER 10 days, unless one of my local gunsmiths has one handy.

undeRGRound likes this.
  7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Welcome Wabid Rookie!

:D

PS: Shoulda just bought a 1095 instead ;)
    Talk about knockdown POWER :eek:

Rufus Nathaniel REDD likes this.
  8. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

It’s a pretty common item any gun store should have cheap.

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the Great Southwest!! Gotta love the Carbines! Fun, fun, fun!!

10. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

Never could get into to 10mm. Big fan of the .45ACP. Figured a 9mm would be a good place to start, and get the 4595 later. Lol

moona11 and undeRGRound like this.
  11. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

Yeah, I'm gonna make a few calls today. I had thought that about the 995TS. 6 gun stores in my town, nobody had one, or ANY accessories. Even then had to wait over a month for the one I ordered. Been weird around the west coast of Florida, hard to find the simplest stuff, even before "The Virus". Lol

12. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

Thank you, nice to be around some people with a common interest. Lol

Dagwood likes this.
  13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

How about just hardware stores?
    Apart from the sear spring and the recoil spring that is.

Rufus Nathaniel REDD likes this.
  14. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

Honestly, I just wasn't sure how well anything else would work, but I'll try and see what
    Will work. Just gotta think outside the box.

15. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

This place is tinker grand central and we have a handful of ‘assemblers’ and we have a couple of ‘builders’ even.
    There is a big difference.
    I learned that attempting a 383 stroker.

undeRGRound and Shopfox like this.
  16. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

Lol, I believe it. Sounds like I found a fountain of information, waiting to be tapped into.

undeRGRound likes this.
  17. undeRGRound

INDY
    OBVS You've never shot a 10mm ;)
    10mm is a whole 'nother level, and that is just part of the reason the ammo costs more. 10mm leaves the barrel WHITE HOT, at uber-sonic speeds, and explodes on contact, usually leaving only the scattered bones of larger prey, like rhinos and elephants. Too PowerFULL for the FBI, in fact. :D Even the mighty MOLE (me) had to carefully select the firearms I use it with, my most effective (so far) is the G21, 6" longslide with an LWD 6.6" barrel, and the Seattle Slug Plug in the grip for added weight. Perfect Balance, and I do mean Perfect. Also suitable for the mighty 460 ROWLAND which is even hotter! Check this Ballistics Comparison of 10mm versus the 'pedestrian loads' that most mortals shoot :D
    10mm Ballistic Gel.jpg
    (nuked it!) ;)

I am moving from the ranks of ASSemblers to BUILDERS, in AR15's at least. Plus Sonny Boi is getting into the AK bidness… 80% lowers and soon to be 0% lowers, he has some ergonomics changes he wants to engineer in. Complete Customs!

18. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie Member

Hmmm, yeah I need to look into that a bit more. Maybe give it another chance.

1024Megabytes and undeRGRound like this.
  19. undeRGRound

INDY
    lol
    Yeah, it's worth a look, and now that the actual firearms are affordable, even cheap (read HiPoint) the ammo is not as bad now either. There are a couple of places that have 38c a round, (Hyperion in Georgia, but that was pre-CO19) Sig Elite is great stuff, 52c a round. Most of the old standbys (Winchester, Remington, etc.) just sell a "40 S&W LONG" which is so watered down you might as well just shoot 40. I have some older Underwood which was 180gr @1350fps and it cost over 60c per round, but Underwood reduced it to 1300fps because certain guns were getting borked LOL think like Colt Delta Elite, in fact they have a special 1250fps load for that :D The FREEDOM MUNITIONS outfit has a great target load, for practice, it is really economical and very precise at handgun ranges. But so is the SIG.

All my prices are from memory and also Pre-Virus... some are prolly higher now.