New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by Fencer21, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Fencer21

Fencer21 Member

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the Hi Point firearms community. Purchased my 995TS (new for 260.00) in late June, I have already made changes to it in terms of accessories, etc. I like it, it's good working carbine, I've already taken it small game hunting and trips to the range and stuff, I was surprised at how accurate the factory sights are.

After viewing numerous YouTube videos regarding Hi Point firearms, I find it remarkable how much disdain there is/was in the gun community towards these guns. Why? because they're not expensive? is it because they're a little weird looking?

I do have a question, I took apart the stock to change the magazine release button to an oversize, didn't realize being left handed I would end up hating the change because the oversize button is in my trigger fingers way.

Anyway, when I removed the the rear screws in the stock, the springs for rear butt-plate shock absorber flew apart, and flew across the room (it was pretty amazing). Is there a trick in getting these springs back in the slots, every time I try to squeeze them in they fly out again, been frustrating so I've left them out. The last time I was at the range trying to sight-in a red dot, the recoil from the tension of the springs was a little distracting. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother.

Any advise or suggestion would great, thanks...

2. retread

retread Member

took mine out right away. hated the springy butt plate.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Fencer from a JHP owner
    @greggg70
    That’s $200 accuracy right there.