New Toy from Ruger

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by hipoint.nut, Oct 22, 2007.

1. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

Ruger finally entered the striker fired pistols markit with the SR9. I love Ruger products and I have been hoping they would introduce a gun like this for the last year. I am going to wait a year before buying though so they get all the bugs worked out. Anyway here is some info on it:

Caliber: 9mm Parabellum (9mm x 19)
    Capacity: 17+1, 10+1
    Barrel: 4.125’’ Stainless Steel Weight: 26.5 oz. (w/empty
    magazine)
    Overall Length: 7.55’’
    Overall Height: 5.52’’
    Overall Width: 1.27’’ (over safety thumb levers)
    Trigger Pull Weight: 6.5 lbs.
    Trigger Pull Length: .48’’
    Slide Finish: Brushed Stainless
    Slide Material: Through-Hardened Stainless Steel
    Frame Material: High Performance Glass-Filled Nylon
    Comes with black polyethylene, blow-molded case; instruction manual; external locking device; and two magazines.

Ruger Web Page:
    http://ruger.com/SR9/#

I need one!!!!!

2. billybybose

billybybose Guest

Even my beagle alf has a glock holster. :lol:

3. Oh my, I am a huge Ruger nut as well and I need to add this to my collection ASAP! She's a real sweetie that will fit anyones collection nicely.

4. hipoint.nut

hipoint.nut Member

I am a big Ruger nut too, but I would wait until they get the bugs worked out. Remember what happen with the P345 when first released.

5. Gotta agree with hipoint.nut on the new Ruger. Wait and see how the first one's do for about a year or so, then after all the bug fixes are implemented make the investment. That's what I did with my Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro and extremely happy that i waited.

rimfirehunter

6. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Its about time! I love Rugers too. They know how to make a great American Made firearm. Will be keeping an eye on this one...

Thanks for the info.

7. It looks like a really nice gun. Now I need to go check one out and see how it does.

8. Ari

Ari Guest

[​IMG]

Looks like a sigma... I like the way it looks

9. sounds interesting, certainly worth lkeeping any eye on. I like the idea of waiting till the bugs get worked out. I use that theory for buying technology.

10. For some things I'm not against waiting, mostly because when something is that new I can't afford it yet anyhow, lol. But in the case of this Ruger I'd not wait. Matter of fact if I had permission and money to buy one I think I could outrun someone in their car driving to get one! Maybe I'm naive but I trust Ruger would take care of something that was a design flaw on a brand new gun. If not, well. I'd still have one of these new honeys. :twisted: